We begin this tour by driving over the mountain Hellisheidi towards Selfoss. We visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall and walk into the rugged gorge of Stakkholtsgja.
Our main attraction is Þorsmörk (English: Thor's Woodland), a nature reserve shielded on three sides by glaciers and mountains. There are a multitude of small gullies and valleys, clad with low birch-trees that create seemingly endless possibilities for the nature lover. The glacial melt-off forms rivers that have to be crossed on the way to Porsmork and some days the crossing is quite challenging or even impossible. An innocent stream can change in a matter of hours into a thunderous torrent. Our skilled drivers are very experienced in these driving conditions and will take you safely across the river.
This trip is truly unforgettable for the nature lover at the heart and ideal as a hiking trip.
-German- every Friday
- Complimentary pick-up service from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Guided tour
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Sunday departures are also guided in German.
- Children from 0-11 years are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
- Trip to Thorsmork will be replaced with visit to Vik village and the magnificent Skogarfoss waterfall in case of harsh weather that may cause inaccessibility.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Reykjavik Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Reykjavik Nature & Eco Tours
- Reykjavik Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Tours around Reykjavik
- South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
- Northern Lights Mystery
- Snaefellsnes, The Glacier and National Park
- South Coast and Thorsmork
- The Blue Lagoon Direct