Snæfellsnes peninsula is a beautiful area located on the west side of Iceland and offers many recreational activities.
Our first stops after reaching the peninsula are at Gerðuberg, a columnar basalt cliff in Hnappadalur valley, and Ölkelda, a natural spring of clean drinking water. We then continue around the peninsula and to the National Park. On our way we will stop at Arnarstapi and enjoy its extraordinary shores and scenery. Nature lovers enjoy the spectacular landscapes and peculiarities of the surroundings and spend time hiking and bird watching along the precipitous shoreline where it is quite common to see seals.
We continue our journey through the National Park where you can find many beaches and amazing bird life. In this area there are many signs of ancient eruptions from the volcano with various lava formations and craters.
Snæfellsjökull glacier is a dormant volcano which attracts thousands of people each year. Some visitors assemble here regularly each summer to enjoy the energy radiation, as they believe it to be one of earths seven energy spots.
Before we return to Reykjavík we visit Stykkishólmur village by Breiðafjörður bay.
Tours AH38 and AH39 share the same bus transfer to Snæfellsnes. The tours split up after the visit to Gerðuberg and Ölkelda and are joined again in Stykkisholmur for the return trip to Reykjavík.
- German - every Monday
- Complimentary pick-up service from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavík at 07:30.
- Passengers are dropped off at their hotels or guesthouses at the end of the tour.
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal Expense
- Optional Activity costs
- Children from 0-11 years are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Reykjavik Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Reykjavik Nature & Eco Tours
- Reykjavik Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Tours around Reykjavik
- South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon
- Northern Lights Mystery
- Snaefellsnes, The Glacier and National Park
- South Coast and Thorsmork
- The Blue Lagoon Direct