Our first stops will be at Gerðuberg, a columnar basalt cliff in Hnappadalur valley, and Ölkelda, a natural spring of clean drinking water. We will continue to the shark museum at Bjarnarhöfn farm to taste the traditional Icelandic shark. From there we continue to Stykkisholmur, a thriving little town, where you will have the opportunity to look around and have lunch before boarding the boat for an exciting tour of the bay.
Breiðafjördur is renowned for its stunning beauty, with the perfect frame of mountains, high and low, highlighting the scenery. The most famous of these mountains is the majestic and mystical Snæfellsjökull glacier, towering at the west end of the peninsula.
A rich variety of bird life, including puffins, nests in the cliffs. This is also the only area where the white tailed eagle nests in Iceland. During the cruise the boat's net is hauled and you will be able to taste fresh shellfish and sea urchin directly from the sea.
- Hotel pick-up
- Services of a local English-speaking guide
- Cruise at Breiðafjörður Bay
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Child rates apply to ages 12-17. Children ages 11 and below are free of charge.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if the weather circumstances are unfavorable.
- We recommend you bring warm clothing.