We start by driving in our modified super trucks along the south shore, heading for one of the places that Icelanders appreciate most, Þórsmörk (The Woods of Thor). From Þórsmörk it is possible to view the volcano that recently erupted in Eyjafjallajökull glacier.
On the way, we stop at Seljalandsfoss waterfall to walk behind it, toward a small glacial lagoon. Many glacial rivers have to be crossed on the way to Þórsmörk; it is situated in a valley in the south of Iceland surrounded by three glaciers and mountains. This environment created favorable circumstances for growth for over 170 plant species you can find in the area.
Many walking paths are marked in Þórsmörk, making it an ideal place for short hikes with views of glaciers, woodlands and other colourful landscape.
- Hotel pick-up
- Super jeep rental
- Services of an English speaking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour if weather conditions are unfavorable and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- This tour has a 4 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.