Located 300kms south of Rio on the Costa Verde (Green Coast), Paraty is considered by UNESCO as one of the world's most important examples of Portuguese colonial architecture, with its churches, old houses and uneven cobblestone streets. Near Paraty, there is a large peninsula covered by Atlantic Rainforest with a few fishermen's settlements and several wild beaches. This is an isolated Environmental Protection Area only accessible by boat or trails. Unspoiled rivers coming down from the Serra do Mar to the beaches offer wonderful pools and waterfalls. The luggage is carried by boat during the hike.
- 7:00am pick-up at the hotel, get primary instructions and fill the agreement form
- 4-hour drive to Laranjeiras Beach
- 1-hour hike to Sono Beach
- Accommodation at the Beach Cottages
- Swimming at the beache and visit Antigos and Antiguinhos
- Dinner and accommodation at Praia do Sono
- 1 hour hike to Gaietas beach stopping at Antigos and Antiguinhos beaches for swim
- Arrive at the cottage and swim at the waterfall
- Dinner and accommodation at Gaietas
- Gaietas waterfall after breakfast
- 10-min hike to Ponta Negra beach
- 30min boat trip to Laranjeiras
- 20min drive to Paraty
- Lunch and historic sightseeing in Paraty
- 4-hour drive to Rio, arriving around 9 pm
- Roundtrip transportation from and back to hotel
- Accommodation with breakfast at the beach cottage
- Luggage transportation by boat
- Bilingual guide
- Personal insurance
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- The difficulty level of this tour is moderate / hard.
- We recommend you wear light clothing, a jacket, a sun hat and hiking shoes.
- We recommend you bring a swimsuit, a small towel, bug repellant and sunscreen and raincoat.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rio de Janeiro Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Rio de Janeiro Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Rio de Janeiro Private Tours
- Tours in Rio de Janeiro
- Rio by Day - Corcovado Mountain with Christ Redeemer Statue and Sugar Loaf
- Helicopter Tour - Rio By Air
- Corcovado Mountain with Christ the Redeemer Statue