The Travessia Petropolis-Teresopolis is Brazil's most famous and amazing trekking trail. At 30 kilometers, it crosses the whole Serra dos OrgŃos National Park over the mountains.
Throughout the two days, we stay in complete contact with the environment. We start the trekking at Teresopolis Park Headquarters at 3600 ft and follow through a switch-back trail inside Atlantic Rain Forest for 11 km (approximately 5 hours), up to the Mountain Lodge at Pedra do Sino, the highest point in the moutain range at 7000 ft. A short 5 min trail takes us to the very top of the mountain, the perfect spot to enjoy the beautiful sunset. From the summit on clear days we can see as far as Rio city. Back at the lodge we will enjoy a nice hot meal and sleep early.
On the second day, the sunrise is one of the highlights of the trip and worth the early start of the day. After a strong breakfast, we face the hardest part of the trail-- 6 hours of ups and downs, crossing several mountains above heights of 5000ft to reach the Ašu Peak. The trail offers wonderful views of the park's mountains and vegetation, as well as beautiful high field meadows. After trail snacks and rest, we take the last 4 hours down through the Bomfim Valley toward a district of Petropolis named Correas. There, we meet the driver and return to Rio.
- Meet at the hotel, get primary instructions and fill the agreement form
- 1 hour drive to the Park's upper headquarters at 1100 meters
- Bird watching in a suspended bridge on the top of the trees
- 5 hour hike to the Mountain Lodge (moderate/ hard)
- Quick hike to the Summit of Pedra do Sino at 2263 meters for sun set
- Dinner and overnight stay
- Early wake up for breakfast
- 6 hours hike from Pedra do Sino to Ašu (Hard trail - irregular terrain ups-and-downs)
- Trail snacks enjoying the view of Rio de Janeiro at 2100mts (7000fts)
- 4 hour hike down from Ašu peak to Correas district (moderate/ hard)
- Optional swim at Bonfim river pool
- Drive back to Rio and return to hotel
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Sleeping bag
- Accommodation at Mountain Lodge (shared room)
- Meals (2 trail snacks, dinner and breakfast)
- Park entry tickets
- Full time bilingual guide support
- Personal insurance
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Participants must be at least 14 years old to join this tour.
- We recommend you bring a backpack with 2 sets of light clothes for the hike, warm clothes for the night, raincoat, sun hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, hiking shoes, snacks of your preference and extra money for extra meals and drinks.
- This tour's difficulty level is hard. Experience with multiday treks is required.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rio de Janeiro Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Rio de Janeiro Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Rio de Janeiro Private Tours
- Tours in Rio de Janeiro
- Rio by Day - Corcovado Mountain with Christ Redeemer Statue and Sugar Loaf
- Helicopter Tour - Rio By Air
- Corcovado Mountain with Christ the Redeemer Statue