Rio by Day - Corcovado Mountain with Christ Redeemer Statue and Sugar Loaf
- Enjoy a panoramic city tour of downtown Rio, including the Metropolitan Cathedral and more
- Ride a cable car to Morro de Urca (Urca Hill) and Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Ride a train up to the top of Corcovado Mountain through the lush Tijuca Rainforest
- Visit the famous Christ Redeemer statue overlooking Rio
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana
Type: Day Tours in Rio de Janeiro
Departs From: Rio de Janeiro
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 10 hours
Available: daily at 08:00
Product Code: 922
This tour is an excellent way to see the best of Rio if time is limited. In only one day you'll get the chance to visit both Sugar Loaf and Corcovado. In the morning, after pick ups, you will do a Panoramic tour of downtown Rio passing by the Sambodrome and a stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral which was built in a pyramidal form with an internal diameter of 96 meters and a height of 80 meters.
Familiarize yourself with the traditional Cinelândia Square with its historical buildings, the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts. Through the Aterro do Flamengo, you will be taken to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf.
You'll travel all the way to the top in two steps by cable car. The first cable car takes us to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
At this point, a second cable car takes us up to the top. At 395 meters we'll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói.
After the morning tour, relax and enjoy lunch at a seafood restaurant. In the afternoon, go by the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (except on Sundays) on your way to reach the Cosme Velho Train cog station at the bottom of Corcovado Mountain to take the ride up to the top, through the dense Tijuca rain forest to the 38m tall (125ft) Christ Redeemer Statue. The guide has between 40 and 60 minutes to show the wonderful sights of Rio. From the top, enjoy the spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding countryside.
- Panoramic City Tour of Downtown Rio
- Stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cable Car to Morro de Urca (Urca Hill) and Sugar Loaf
- View from Sugar Loaf to the Guanabara Bay
- Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon
- Lunch in an Ipanema Restaurant
- Train Through the Tijuca Rainforest
- Christ Redeemer Statue
- Views from the Corcovado Mountain
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana View Hotel Pick Up List
- Panoramic city tour
- Cable car ticket
- Train ticket
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- If your hotel is located outside the vicinity of the Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon Beach we may not be able to pick you up from your chosen hotel. If this is the case you will be advised so that an alternative pickup point can be arranged.
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $168.00
Price per child $126.00
Departs daily at 08:00
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 12 and below.
THIAN SENG H., Malaysia
The tour places are worth the trip. The let down was the driver came late for about 1 hr to send us home.. I think the tour price is a bit high..
DHARMENDRA P., United Kingdom
The tour was split in two halfs morning and afternoon session. The morning session to Sugar Loaf and city tour was rushed and not much time to take pictures. The lunch was at Impanema place called Mios.....this gave me an upset my stocmach the next day, I heard similar stories from other review sites. The food was not affet Brazilian Buffet or Grill, but very small and not filling. The afternoon tour was better up to the Christ statue and cog train ride. Over all the tour was very expensive for what its worth. You need to pick a good day as you may experince fog of clound and which can obscure your views when taking pictures.
"As this was my first time in Rio it was great to get an overall feeling about the city and to see the main highlights in an organised tour. The guides were professional and knew the city well and the lunch was great. I would definitely recommend the tour"
Emma C., South Africa