This tour is an excellent way to see the best of Rio if time is limited. In only one day you'll get the chance to visit both Sugar Loaf and Corcovado. In the morning, after pick ups, you will do a Panoramic tour of downtown Rio passing by the Sambodrome and a stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral which was built in a pyramidal form with an internal diameter of 96 meters and a height of 80 meters.
Familiarize yourself with the traditional Cinelândia Square with its historical buildings, the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts. Through the Aterro do Flamengo, you will be taken to the neighborhood of Urca where one of the largest symbols of the city is located: Sugar Loaf.
You'll travel all the way to the top in two steps by cable car. The first cable car takes us to Urca Hill, a vantage point 215 meters high for which already grants beautiful views of Guanabara Bay and its islands, the Rio-Niterói Bridge and Corcovado Mountain.
At this point, a second cable car takes us up to the top. At 395 meters we'll enjoy splendid views of Copacabana beach, the Santa Cruz fortress and several beaches of Niterói.
After the morning tour, relax and enjoy lunch at a seafood restaurant. In the afternoon, go by the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas (except on Sundays) on your way to reach the Cosme Velho Train cog station at the bottom of Corcovado Mountain to take the ride up to the top, through the dense Tijuca rain forest to the 38m tall (125ft) Christ Redeemer Statue. The guide has between 40 and 60 minutes to show the wonderful sights of Rio. From the top, enjoy the spectacular views of Rio and the surrounding countryside.
- Panoramic City Tour of Downtown Rio
- Stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral
- Cable Car to Morro de Urca (Urca Hill) and Sugar Loaf
- View from Sugar Loaf to the Guanabara Bay
- Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon
- Lunch in an Ipanema Restaurant
- Train Through the Tijuca Rainforest
- Christ Redeemer Statue
- Views from the Corcovado Mountain
- Roundtrip transfer to most hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana View Hotel Pick Up List
- Panoramic city tour
- Cable car ticket
- Train ticket
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- All tours cannot be cancelled nor refunded during the period of the 2016 Summer Olympics (August 5 to 21, 2016)
- If your hotel is located outside the vicinity of the Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon Beach we may not be able to pick you up from your chosen hotel. If this is the case you will be advised so that an alternative pickup point can be arranged.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.