- The Vatican Museums
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Imperial Rome
Porta Pinciana will be our first stop, a gate for the Aurelian Walls of Rome and built in the early 5th century under the order of the Emperor Honorius.
Continue the artistic path by visiting the Vatican Museums which represent the largest art collection in Europe with over 65, 000 masterpieces at the Candelabra Gallery, Tapestry Gallery and see the Historical Maps.
Soothe your soul and stop by the Sistine Chapel. See this wondrous structure built in the 15th century under the rule of Pope Sixtus filled with glorious artworks by Botticelli, Pergino, Ghirlandaio and the famous ceiling by Michelangelo.
Of course, we will also visit the Scala Regia, the great staircase built by Gianlorenzo Bernini which started as an eyesore and transformed by the great artist using an art technique called trompe l'oeil.
St. Peter's Basilica is the last stop. The largest Church all over the world is home to Michelangelo's famous "The Pieta" and several tombs of past Popes.
The tour first stops at Piazza Venezia, Rome's Historical Center where visitors can view "The Vittoriano" the altar dedicated to the King Vittorio Emanuele II in 1911.
The tour's second stop is at the Capitol Square. Michaelangelo's Renaissance palace built on the ruins of the Acropolis and dating back to the 16th century is now the seat of the city government. The square is marked by several notable works of art, among them the two colossal statues of Castor and Pollux that stand guard on the magnificent staircase leading to the palace.
The Roman empire's political, military and social center is the Roman Forums. The oldest and most significant buildings of the empire are usually located in the Forum. These days, the ruins of the Forum consists of the Temple of Julius Caesar, Basilica Emilia, the Arch of Titus and the Holy Road
The tour also visits Rome's greatest amphitheater built by the Emperor Vespasian in 72 AD - the Colosseum. The last stop is the Basilica of San Pietro in Vincoli that houses Michelangelo's masterpiece, the statue of Moses.
- Transportation in a Deluxe Coach with air conditioning
- Tour Guide
- Assistance of qualified personnel
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour involves walking
- Afternoon pick-up is at the restaurant (March 1-October 31, around 14:30. November 1-February 28, around 14:00)
- Accompanied children under 2 are carried free of charge.
- View summer (Apr-Oct) and winter (Nov-Mar) hotel pick-up schedule. Pick-up times are approximate and may change depending on the traffic situation. Pick ups are made with a variety of vehicles. Please note that you may have to change coaches.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Oh it was a great tour! well planned! everything was straight forward. Team helped us/explained evrything very well. well organized tour! Highly recommended! I will fly over there again in future Australia-Melbourne"
Amal S., Australia
- Rome City Tours & Sightseeing
- Day Tours in Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights