Papal Audience with Pope Francis
- Take a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the Pope and receive an Apostolic Blessing
- Be inspired by Pope Francis' weekly message and hear the Cardinals read to the pilgrims and visitors
- Choose to stay in Vatican City or join the transfer back to Rome
Type: Tours in Rome
Departs From: Rome
Meeting Point: Pick up from Rome City Center hotels
Duration: 3 hours
Available: Wednesday at 07:15
Product Code: 275
In order to arrive at the Vatican City we pass by some of the most famous sights of the city, starting with the Piazza della Repubblica with its Nayad Fountain then the beautiful Piazza Barberini with Bernini's lovely Baroque Tritone Fountain. Continuing along Via Veneto, we reach and then follow the ancient Aurelian Walls passing by the impressive Villa Borghese park until we get to the Piazza del Popolo, the northern entrance into ancient Rome with its Egyptian obelisk. Bbefore arriving at St. Peter's Square we pass by the massive Castel S. Angelo. The Papal Audience will take place either in St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica or the Audience Hall; according to seasonal conditions and the number of pilgrims involved. Our local guide will advise you when and where to meet the bus at the end of the audience. After the visit you can decide to stay in Vatican city by your own or to get our transfer by bus to main central points of the city (Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia, Piazza della Repubblica and Termini Rail Station)
- Sightseeing tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel drop-off
- * In Summertime the Papal Audience may take place in St. Peter's Square (in front of the Basilica)
- Visitors in shorts or sleeveless tops are not admitted to the Audience Hall.
- Accompanied children under 3 are carried free of charge.
Price per adult $50.76
Price per child $34.71
Departs Wednesday at 07:15
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 7 and below.
Derek B., United Kingdom
The guide was excellent, the only downside was that the pick up outside our hotel was over half and hour late. We were asked to be outside the hotel 10minutes before the scheduled pick up time only for the minibus to be thirty five minutes late - had we known this we could have had breskfast.
Michelle R., USA
There wasn't much tour involved, mainly just transportation to the Vatican. We arrived in time for the gates to open and get a good vantage point. I would strongly recommend bringing water and an umbrella or something to provide shade.