Southern Splendour - 2 Days (Rome-Naples-Pompeii-Sorrento-Capri-Anacapri-Rome)
- Short visit to Naples
- Spend time in Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii and Rome over two days
- Tour the world-famous excavations for a peek into ancient Roman life
- Visit the Blue Grotto, weather permitting
- Visit of Augustus Gardens with a view of the Faraglioni
- Dinner and continental breakfast included with accommodations
- Free pick-up from centrally located Rome hotels
Our excursion begins with a short panoramic tour of Naples where we will see the Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Maschi Angioino, Castel dell'Ovo, the San Carlo Opera House, Gallero of Umberto I and proceed towards the hill of Posillipo where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Gulf of Naples and the famous Mount Vesuvius, which was regarded by the ancient Greeks and Romans as sacred to the hero Hercules.
We will have lunch when we arrive in Pompeii, a town-city which will give us a detailed insight about life during the height of the Roman Empire. After lunch, we will visit the excavations in this famous Roman city which was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Dinner will be served in Sorrento, where we will spend the night in a first-class hotel.
The second day will start with breakfast at the hotel before going on a ferryboat ride to Capri. We will visit the Blue Grotto, a cavern which was Tiberius' private swimming pool and blue waters which are reflected on the cavern walls. Upon return to the Marina Grande, we will head to Anacapri for lunch and meet at the Piazzetta, the island's most famous meeting place. From here, we will visit the Gardens of Augustus, a fine example of the botanical ornamentation where one will get a view of the townscape.
See each named rock of the Faraglioni, three rocks which survived the coastal landslide. Observe Stella, the first rock still attached to the land, the second rock Faraglioni de Mezzo separated from Stella by a stretch of water and Scopolo or the head which stretches out to the sea. This view will be a memorable end before we go on a ferry ride back to Sorrento and drive back to Rome (expected time of arrival - approximately 21:30).
Timetable Summer 2011
06:30/07:00 Pick up at hotels
07:15 Meet at agency
07:30 Departure from agency
- Panoramic tour of Naples
- Lunch at Pompeii
- 2-hour tour of excavations in Pompeii
- Dinner in Sorrento
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Ferryboat to Capri
- Marina Grande and visit to Blue Grotto (weather and sea conditions permitting)
- Lunch in Anacapri
- Drop-off at hotel in Rome or the immediate vicinity.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned deluxe coach
- Entrance tickets
- 4-star hotel accommodations in Sorrento
- Roundtrip ferry to Sorrento/Capri
- Services of a tour guide
- Assistance of qualified personnel
- visit of the Blue Grotto weather permitting
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the program
- Visits inside Naples attractions
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
G.H. Vesuvio, G.H. Bristol or similar
- Return to Rome at around 21:30.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to provide hotels of similar category if the circumstances make it necessary, at no additional cost or refund.
- Child rates apply for one child sharing the same room with 2 adults in double accommodations. Date of birth must be advised at the moment of booking.
- Booked hotels are not available before 12 noon.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rome Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Tours in Italy from Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights