Splendid Italy Tour from Rome - 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Panoramic Tour of Naples including Mergellina, Castel dell'Ovo and the Royal Palace
- Travel via the breathtaking Amalfi Coast and see Positano and other picturesque fishing villages en route
- Excursion to Capri to discover the beauty of this wonderful island
- Visit Anacapri with its magnificent views and enjoy some leisurely time
Day 1 ROME - NAPLES - POMPEII - SORRENTO
We depart Rome for Naples by coach with the tour escort. Upon arrival in Naples our local guide will take you for a walking tour of the historical center to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, Royal Palace, Gallery of Umberto I and the San Carlo Opera House.
Next we continue to Pompeii, where we go on a short visit to a coral and cameo factory before heading to a typical restaurant for lunch. In the afternoon we visit the excavations of this ancient Roman city which was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvio in 79 BC and buried under 4 to 6 meters of ash and stones.
We then head to Sorrento, a jewel of the Sorrentine Peninsula famous for the cultivation of orange, lemons and olive trees. Dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Day 2 SORRENTO - CAPRI - SORRENTO
After a buffet breakfast, we leave by steamer to the island of Capri. Upon arrival at Marina Grande, we can go on an optional visit of the Blue Grotto (weather permitting), a visit of the Augustus Gardens and a stop at the famous Piazzetta.
We head to Anacapri by minibus. After lunch, we return to Marina Grande to board the return steamer back to Sorrento for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 SORRENTO - AMALFI
Morning departure to Amalfi via the breathtaking Amalfi Coast. En route you will see Positano and other picturesque fishing villages. Time at leisure in Amalfi. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 AMALFI
Free time to discover the beauty of this wonderful coastal resort, or to explore the area. You can take a local bus and visit Positano or Ravello, or take time to relax and plunge into the water of the Mediterranean Sea. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 AMALFI - POMPEII - ROME
Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure, early afternoon transfer to Pompeii where we will start our trip back to Rome. Traffic permitting, estimated time of arrival approximately 21:00.
- Sorrento: G.H. Vesuvioor similar
- Amalfi: G.H. Excelsior or similar
- Accommodation at 4 star hotels
- Meals: daily American buffet breakfast, four dinners and two lunches (no drinks)
- Full day excursion to Pompeii
- Full day excursion to Capri
- Transfer from Sorrento to Amalfi
- Transfer Amalfi/Pompeii
- Return to Rome by tour bus
- Service charges and taxes
- Ground transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- Sightseeing tours as indicated in the itinerary
- English speaking tour escort and local guides
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Child rates apply for one child sharing the same room with 2 adults in double accommodations. Date of birth must be advised at the moment of booking.
- Tour Operator reserves the right to provide hotels of similar category if the circumstances make it necessary, at no additional cost or refund.
- Booked hotels are not available before 12 noon.
- Passengers are allowed to carry maximum one piece of luggage per person on the tours.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Overall this was a good tour. The best parts were the transportation and the tours of Capri and Pompeii. The worst part was the fact that we NEVER received an itineray that had TIMES for the activities/pick-ups. As a result, we had to rely on the hotels and in Amalfi the time was off by about 90 minutes plus the driver was late. Parts that need improvements include the Naples walking tour (practically non-existent - 20 minutes out, 25 minutes back, see three sites) and the meals. Marco was fabulous in Capri."
Julie B., USA
- Rome Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Tours in Italy from Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Rome and the Renaissance Cities - 7 Days / 6 Nights