Enjoy an intimate and in-depth tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica to explore the world's most extensive collection of art.
Our expert local guide will guide you through the museum, focusing on the main works of art and dedicating just the right amount of time necessary to appreciate the stunning frescoes of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
After introducing you to the introverted Michelangelo and discussing his intense relationship with Pope Julius II, for whom he created his most famous masterpiece, you will enjoy some free time to appreciate in silence the wonder you see in front of you.
And as you tour the famous private apartments of Pope Julius II by Raphael, learn about the rivalry between the two most famous artists working for the Pope, Michelangelo and Raphael.
Our tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel continues in the vast open spaces of St. Peter's Basilica where a treasure of precious works of art await to be discovered. We will discuss Michelangelo's stunning "Pieta" that created the desire within Pope Julius II to contact the young artist for other more important works he had in mind.
Your tour of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel will conclude at St. Peter's Square as you admire Michelangelo's Dome and the marvelous colonnades designed by Bernini that embrace the spectators who come to witness important Papal ceremonies.
Before the tour ends, listen to the life story of a simple fisherman who became the first Pope of Christianity - St. Peter.
- Local expert English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Vatican Museum
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in order to enter St. Peter's Basilica. Large bags are not allowed. Storage areas are also not available.
- The tour operates rain or shine.
- Some museums and attractions may be closed due to unforeseen reasons such as special ceremonies, strikes, and events out of the operator's control. On these few occasions, the tour will visit other sites. Attraction tickets are non-refundable.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Our tour guide Francesca was excellent. She was very knowledgeable and passionate about Vatican history. We rated the tour very highly but thought the price was a bit steep."
Helen M., New Zealand
- Rome City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Day Tours in Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights