During your tour of catacombs and underground Rome, you will see the famous Appian Way before arriving at the catacomb included in your tour (either San Sebastian or San Domitilla).
By descending into this subterranean world, enter into a labyrinth of chambers and narrow corridors which were the ancient Christina burial grounds and learn all that relates to the funeral procedure back in ancient times.
Going back to Rome, you will visit the magnificent church of San Clemente where you'll enjoy a journey back in time as you descend down three levels and through 2000 years of history.
The medieval church was built over the remains of a 4th century basilica which at its turn covers older buildings from the time of the Emperor Nero and a sanctuary dedicated to the oriental divinity Mithras. The medieval basilica houses, one of the finest mosaics from the time, representing the Tree of Life.
Your tour of underground Rome concludes at the church, which is centrally-located and close to the Colosseum.
- Highly qualified guide
- Transportation by minivan
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fees to San Clemente and the San Sebastian or San Domitilla Catacomb
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 guests.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in order to enter the churches.
- The entrance fees to San Clemente Church and the San Sebastian or San Domitilla Catacomb are to be paid on site.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rome City Tours & Sightseeing
- Tours around Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights