Skip the Line Crypts and Catacombs - The Underside of Rome
- Skip the line private exclusive viewing of The Capuchin Crypt just for the group
- Entrance tickets to the Domitilla Catacombs and to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- Expert guides have rare exclusive permission to give tours of the catacombs themselves
- Guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests to maintain quality and an intimate feel
Discover imperial and early Christian Rome by peeling back layers and millenniums of history as you descend into the Eternal city's underground burial chambers, its long winding catacombs and its crypts.
Go below and beyond to a time when Christianity was considered a simple cult whose members were executed as pagans and buried as martyrs.
The one and only tour that takes you to crypts and catacombs from different historical eras, in diverse locations and with varying styles.
Much of what Rome has to offer is buried underground and through this tour, our guests can discover the underside of Rome through three select sites - a Skip the Line private, exclusive viewing just for our group of The Cappuccini Crypt (chapel decorated entirely by human bones), Domitilla Catacombs (ancient Christian burial ground) and the Church of San Clemente (built over an ancient fourth century church built over an even older Roman house containing Christian artifacts and a pagan temple -- with ruins reaching 57 feet deep).
- The Capuchin Crypts
- The Basilica of San Clemente
- Roman Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the Capuchin Crypt
- Entrance ticket to the Domitilla Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- Expert tour guide
- All transfers in an air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour is available in English and in Spanish.
- Entrance some churches may require a dress code. We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- Infants up to 3 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation.
- This service ends at Piazza Barberini around 17:30.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on this tour.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rome City Tours & Sightseeing
- Rome City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Day Tours in Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights