Discover imperial and early Christian Rome by peeling back layers and millenniums of history as you descend into the Eternal city's underground burial chambers, its long winding catacombs and its crypts.
Go below and beyond to a time when Christianity was considered a simple cult whose members were executed as pagans and buried as martyrs.
The one and only tour that takes you to crypts and catacombs from different historical eras, in diverse locations and with varying styles.
Much of what Rome has to offer is buried underground and through this tour, our guests can discover the underside of Rome through three select sites - a Skip the Line private, exclusive viewing just for our group of The Cappuccini Crypt (chapel decorated entirely by human bones), Domitilla Catacombs (ancient Christian burial ground) and the Church of San Clemente (built over an ancient fourth century church built over an even older Roman house containing Christian artifacts and a pagan temple -- with ruins reaching 57 feet deep).
- The Capuchin Crypts
- The Basilica of San Clemente
- Roman Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the Capuchin Crypt
- Entrance ticket to the Domitilla Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- Expert tour guide
- All transfers in an air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance some churches may require a dress code. We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- Infants up to 2 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation.
- This service ends at Piazza Barberini around 17:30.
- We are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or impairments requiring special assistance and customers with strollers or baby carriages on this tour.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.