Skip the Line Crypts and Catacombs Tour - The Underside of Rome
- Skip the line private exclusive viewing of The Capuchin Crypt just for the group
- Entrance tickets to the Domitilla Catacombs and to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- Expert guides have rare exclusive permission to give tours of the catacombs themselves
- Guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests to maintain quality and an intimate feel
Type: Day Tours in Rome
Departs From: Rome
Meeting Point: Close to Piazza Barberini
Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes
Available: daily at 14:30 or Wednesday Saturday Sunday at 14:30
Product Code: 3677
Discover imperial and early Christian Rome by peeling back layers and millenniums of history as you descend into the Eternal city's underground burial chambers, its long winding catacombs and its crypts.
Go below and beyond to a time when Christianity was considered a simple cult whose members were executed as pagans and buried as martyrs.
The one and only tour that takes you to crypts and catacombs from different historical eras, in diverse locations and with varying styles.
Much of what Rome has to offer is buried underground and through this tour, our guests can discover the underside of Rome through three select sites - a Skip the Line private, exclusive viewing just for our group of The Cappuccini Crypt (chapel decorated entirely by human bones), Domitilla Catacombs (ancient Christian burial ground) and the Church of San Clemente (built over an ancient fourth century church built over an even older Roman house containing Christian artifacts and a pagan temple -- with ruins reaching 57 feet deep).
- The Capuchin Crypts
- The Basilica of San Clemente
- Roman Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the Capuchin Crypt
- Entrance ticket to the Domitilla Catacombs
- Entrance ticket to the church and undergrounds of San Clemente
- Expert tour guide
- All transfers in an air conditioned bus
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour is available in English and in Spanish. Starting 01 January 2014, the tour will be available in English only.
- Entrance some churches may require a dress code. We cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress.
- Infants up to 2 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation.
- This service ends at Piazza Barberini around 17:30.
- We are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or impairments requiring special assistance and customers with strollers or baby carriages on this tour.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
Click on the season date to view price
Option In English
Price per adult $83.10
Price per child $76.40
Departs daily at 14:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 14 and below.
Mary L., USA
Best tour of the several we booked in central Italy! Fun and informative. This tour took us to three locations (via bus) to include a traditional Roman catacomb, a church with four la
Maria H., USA
These two tours were marvelous and very informative. Peter, on the C&C tour, was funny, informative, and very kind. Worthwhile taken both tours.
"Aunque no se pueden tomar fotografias en los lugares que visita el tour, la explicacion y el conocimiento de la guia, Elena, permiten que este recorrido sea inolvidable."
Rafael Ortega Hernandez .,