Skip the Line - Rome in One Day with Colosseum, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain
This tour is perfect for visitors with only a short time in Rome, who want to see the very best of Rome past and present. Visit the Colosseum, Rome's most famous site where gladiators once battled lions in a fight for their lives, subject always to the whims of emperors and the turn of a thumb. Then set off on a journey through the winding streets and picturesque piazzas of the city, exploring Rome as it is today - a city where iPhones bleep inside ancient ruins and where modern life plays out on a stage set centuries ago.
Our tour starts with a bang at the Colosseum. We'll skip the long lines to get inside this magnificent structure where your English-speaking guide will tell you the stories and point out the details that bring this important slice of history to life. Then it's on to the Palatine and the Roman Forum for a walk through other periods of Ancient Roman history. See the spot where Remus and Romulus, the legendary founders of Rome were raised by their wolf mother; march down the same paved road once graced by victorious Roman armies; and explore the easily discernable remains of the banks, temples and homes of Ancient Rome.
We'll take a well-deserved break next for lunch in the historical center of the city. Your guide will recommend a spot or you can follow your nose to one of the countless trattorias and pizzerias around the area. Soak up the atmosphere before the next leg of our tour, a journey through the best of modern Rome. We'll wander the picturesque streets and piazzas of the city, seeing the most famous sights - from the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and splendid Piazza Navona with its incredible Bernini fountain. Again your guide will bring old sights (from Ancient Roman times through to the Renaissance) to life with the stories and myths that make Rome quite unlike any other city in the world. Want to know why Raphael died so young? Or why there is one spot by the Trevi Fountain from where your view is completely obscured? Listen to your guide as they lead you on a trek that takes in the length and breadth of Rome's historical center.
Sites visited may include but are not limited to Piazza del Popolo, Santa Maria del Popolo Church, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Colonna, Palazzo Montecitorio, Pantheon, Palazzo Madama (Senate of the Italian Republic), Piazza Navona- Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, Campo de Fiori and Skip the Line entrance and visit inside Colosseum, Palatine Hill including view of Circus Maximus, and the Roman Forum / "Via Sacra".
- Guided tour
- Expert English speaking guide
- Coffee break
- Skip the Line Entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill entrance ticket and reservation
- Headsets when needed
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Infants below 4 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 25 participants.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points
- We are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or walking disabilities in a group tour. We are also unable to accommodate pushchairs or buggies. We recommend you book a private tour.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Rome City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Rome City Tours & Sightseeing
- Day Tours in Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights