Skip the Line Ancient Rome Half Day Tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Skip the line; no waiting at the queues for the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill!
- One of the few tours that actually visit inside the Colosseum, most tours only view the monument from outside.
- The three most important sites of Ancient Rome are covered in a half-day.
Experience all of Ancient Rome, skipping the lines on this half-day tour which covers the Colosseum Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Your tour will begin atop Colle Oppio ("Opium Hill") with a panoramic view of the Colosseum, modern Rome's most recognizable landmark and one of Ancient Rome's most vital social centers. From there we will descend to our special Skip the Line access to the Colosseum. Once inside, an expert guide will talk you through the bloody past of the amphitheatre as you listen to tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions.
After a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine, you will arrive at the Palatine Hill- the most famous of the 7 hills of Rome. From here you will admire the views of the Roman Forum and Nero's Circus Maximus where chariot races were once held. Romulus and Remus were said to have been found on the Palatine by the she-wolf who nursed and raised them. Legend holds that Romulus went on to found Rome.
The last stop is a walk along the "Via Sacra" or "Sacred Way" which is the main path through the Roman Forum that once sparkled with festivals and triumphal processions. It ends at the Temple which houses the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated. Visitors from around the world still leave flowers and candles at this site today.
- Tour as per description
- Skip the Line Entrance to all sites
- Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Headsets when needed
- Expert tour guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- The service concludes inside the Roman Forum, at the end of the "Via Sacra" near the Senate House.
- It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on this tour.
- Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. Late arrivals will not be able to catch up with the group and no refunds will be given for those who arrive after departure time.
- The morning group for this tour is not available on June 02, 2010 due to the Italian Republic Day. The afternoon group is still available for booking.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"The guide had master degree in art and knew a lot of history. Answered each question with pacience and knowledge. Her name is Barbara, but isn't related to the barbarians! Not any more."
LEONARDO M., Brazil
- Rome City Tours & Sightseeing
- Rome City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Rome Segway & Walking Tours
- Tours in Rome
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms - Private Tour
- Skip the Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms
- Pompeii + Amalfi Coast Day Tour for Small Groups
- Skip the Line - Ancient Rome + Vatican
- Florence and Venice - 5 Days / 4 Nights