After a comfortable transfer from Rome on an air-conditioned coach, we offer a very special visit of the Archeological Museum of Pompei which houses in impression collection of original artefacts, mosaics, statues and artwork taken out of Pompeii during excavations, making it a perfect complement to your visit to the Pompeii excavation site! Entrance tickets, a thorough intro to the museum and detailed map will be provided as you will be free to roam the museum on your own.
After our time at the museum we'll take a leisurely lunch break, where you can experience the world-famous pizza Naples is known for.
When you are ready to go, it's on to the highlight of the day: Pompeii. Sitting in the ominous shadow of Vesuvius, the now ruined city of Pompeii was a sprawling metropolis of shops and residences, restaurants, gyms and brothels. Walk Pompeii's main streets just as the ancient Romans did. The stones are still worn with tracks from the drawn carriages that tread them nearly 2000 years ago. We'll visit the forum, the center of Pompeii's political and social life, as well as view the startling plaster death casts of the victims of the catastrophic eruption that destroyed the city, freezing forever in time their last second of life.
Join us on this comprehensive and fascinating tour of Pompeii and the powerful volcano that destroyed it and discover why this UNESCO World Heritage Site continues to shock and fascinate the 2.6 million people who venture here each year.
- All transportation from the meeting point and back
- Ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii and the Archaeological Museum
- Expert English speaking guide
- Lunch (includes Napolitan pizza and a drink)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- For the rest of the year, the Pompeii and Vesuvius Volcano Full Day Trip
may be booked.
- Infants up to 2 years old travel for free and do not require a reservation.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended. We are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or impairments requiring special assistance and customers with strollers or baby carriages on our group tour.
- It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
- This tour is operated in English only.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.