The tour begins by the Palace of Mirabell built in the year 1606 for the Archbishop Wolf Dietrich and is today home to the office of the local Mayor and city offices. Then pass the Mozarteum (University of Music) one of the world's most prestigious music academies.
Passing the Marionette Theatre, you will arrive in Markart Square with the Landestheatre (The Regional Theatre), The Trinity Church a baroque masterpiece from Fischer von Erlach plus Mozart's Wohnhaus (Mozart's Residence), where the composer lived for many years. Crossing over the Salzach (Salt) river which was once a major transport route you will have a wonderful view of this magical city.
Following the river along part of the old fortifications you will pass the Law Courts on the way to the Hellbrunn Palace where you will have a short photo stop. Hellbrunn Palace was built at the start of the 17th century to the design of the great architect Santino Solari and used as a hunting lodge and weekend residence by Salzburg's Archbishops.
On the way back to the city centre you will pass the Palace of Frohnburg and the Nonnberg Abbey, situated beneath the impressive Hohensalzburg Fortress, before entering the heart of the city through the Siegmunds Gate. Once in the old city you will pass by the Festival Halls, Old University, Horse Pond, Getreidegasse and the Blasius Church. The tour finishes in Mozart Square where you will see the famous Mozart statue, Cathedral, Old Residence of the Archbishops and the Fortress Hohensalzburg.
- Multilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up within Salzburg
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- *Clients with City-Discovery vouchers can avail of a special bus ticket (valued at 3.2 EUR - 5.2 EUR) valid on the day of tour on all city bus lines (1 to 28) within the Salzburg city limits (Zone S).
- The City Tour alone takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Optional visits will take approximately 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.