Relive the true story of the von Trapp family which was filmed as the "The Sound of Music" in and around Salzburg. The tour which has been Salzburg's most popular tour for over 35 years, is a combination of both this historical city and the breathtaking Salzkammergut -Lakes and Mountains area - also a famous musical and cultural centre.
The experienced tour guides are proud to show guests from around the world where this famous movie was filmed. Salzburg was of course the home of the real Von Trapp Family and this tour lets you see many of the original locations making it a truly memorable experience not to be missed during your visit. Learn first hand information of not only the many film locations of the "Sound of Music" but also other local pieces of history and culture along the way for a complete insight into this timeless movie.
- The Mirabell Gardens
- The Gazebo/Hellbrunn Palace
- Palace of Leopoldskron
- Nonnberg Abbey
- St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang
- Church of Mondsee
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up within Salzburg
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- *Clients with City-Discovery vouchers can avail of a special bus ticket (valued at 3.2 EUR - 5.2 EUR) valid on the day of tour on all city bus lines (1 to 28) within the Salzburg city limits (Zone S).
- The Family Ticket is valid for 2 adults and up to 2 children.
- 8 days before the activity: Free cancellation
- 4 days before the activity: 20% cancellation fee
- Less than 4 days before the activity: 100% cancellation fee