Relive the true story of the von Trapp family which was filmed as the "The Sound of Music" in and around Salzburg. The tour which has been Salzburg's most popular tour for over 35 years, is a combination of both this historical city and the breathtaking Salzkammergut -Lakes and Mountains area - also a famous musical and cultural centre.
The experienced tour guides are proud to show guests from around the world where this famous movie was filmed. Salzburg was of course the home of the real Von Trapp Family and this tour lets you see many of the original locations making it a truly memorable experience not to be missed during your visit. Learn first hand information of not only the many film locations of the "Sound of Music" but also other local pieces of history and culture along the way for a complete insight into this timeless movie.
- The Mirabell Gardens
- The Gazebo/Hellbrunn Palace
- Palace of Leopoldskron
- Nonnberg Abbey
- St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang
- Church of Mondsee
- Multilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up within Salzburg
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- *Clients with City-Discovery vouchers can avail of a special bus ticket (valued at 3.2 EUR - 5.2 EUR) valid on the day of tour on all city bus lines (1 to 28) within the Salzburg city limits (Zone S).
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.