This tour takes us over the German border into Bavaria passing by the Salt mines. Our first stop is up in the area of Obersalzberg, which was once used as a base of the Third Reich, the area where Hitler, G÷ring and Bormann once had property. From Obersalzberg we change to a special bus for the amazing journey up the 6.5 kilometers (4 miles) long road to the Eagle's Nest (Kehlstein House).
The journey is an amazing adventure and once you arrive in the upper car park a 124 meters (406 feet) long tunnel leads you into the mountain. Once inside the mountain the lift takes you within less than a minute directly up into the Eagle's Nest building. Originally given to Hitler as a 50th birthday present by Martin Bormann it was used as a conference center. Hitler had many meetings here.
The building itself is a masterpiece perched 1834 meters (6017 feet) on top of the Kehlstein mountains. There will be some free time to explore the old conference room, dining area and small tea room and terraces with your guide explaining all the history relating to this interesting area. After returning back to the valley there will be a short stop in the picturesque town of Berchtesgaden before returning to Salzburg.
- Multilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up within Salzburg
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Language guides besides German and English are available upon request. Please specify language when booking.
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- *Clients with City-Discovery vouchers can avail of a special bus ticket (valued at 3.2 EUR - 5.2 EUR) valid on the day of tour on all city bus lines (1 to 28) within the Salzburg city limits (Zone S).
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.