For centuries, Salzburg was a proud state ruled by Archbishops who lavished great wealth and splendid architecture on the city sometimes called the "Rome of the North" because of its many churches and cathedrals. It is also called "the city of Music" as the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
On this walking tour, you can taken in examples of Salzburg's breathtaking Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque artistry. Near the start of your walk you will encounter the world-famous gardens of Mirabell Palace and view the house where Mozart was raised.
Crossing a footbridge into the Baroque City Center, you will see the house where Salzburg's most famous composer was born, and the renowned shopping street, the Getreidegasse. Among the picturesque streets and hidden byways of the Old City you will see the Salzburg Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Monastery and many other important sights and symbols.
Your guide will cover not only the history of Salzburg, but also the most interesting information about its most famous citizens, from Mozart himself to Maria von Trapp.
- Walking tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Entrance fees
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- All tour programs, routes and durations of sightseeing tours are subject to change without notice.
- There will be a surcharge for extra time exceeding the original program such as alteration of a tour when ordered by the client and delays created by the client (waiting time).
- The tour will take about 1.5 to 2 hours.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.