GoCar, The Cure for the Common Tour®, lets you experience the beauty of San Diego and visit places tour buses cannot go - all at your own pace!
Fold up your map, put away the guidebook and let the GoCar show you what most visitors never see! Zip around in a cute, yellow GoCar as it takes you on your own GPS-guided tour. The GoCar is easy and fun to drive. Since it's GPS-guided, the car knows where you are - even if you don't. With you in the driver's seat, it not only tells you where to turn, it tells the stories that bring the city to life. Let the car direct you, or for those more adventurous, blaze your own trail!
Take a GPS-guided tour in the Storytelling Car® and see for yourself why TIME Magazine called GoCar "The Most Amazing Invention of the Year!" Let GoCar be your guide to San Diego's easy-going lifestyle, laid-back urban settings and beaches. You'll venture into San Diego's maritime past and present by traveling west toward the Cabrillo National Monument, exploring US Navy installations along the way, and then heading back through Downtown San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter, Balboa Park, the Zoo, Hillcrest and Old Town in this full day tour.
GoCar Tours is certified CarbonNeutral® by offsetting all CO2 emissions from vehicle operations, electricity use, business travel and employee commuting across global operations in Barcelona, Lisbon and the United States.
- Historic Gaslamp Quarter
- Petco Baseball Park
- Horton Plaza
- Bankers Hill Neighborhood
- USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum
- Little Italy
- Seaport Village
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park
- Spreckels Organ Pavillion
- El Prado Museum Complex
- Hillcrest Village Center
- Fort Stockton
- Old Town San Diego
- Florida Canyon
- Mission Hills Neighborhood
- California Mission Museum
- Naval Training Center
- San Diego Bay and Harbor
- Shelter Island
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Point Loma Lighthouse
- Ecological Reserve and Tide Pools
- Whale Overlook
- Rosecrans National Cemetery
- Incredible Views of San Diego and Mexico
- Submarine Squadron 11
- San Diego Sports Arena
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego
- Liberty Station
- Sunset Cliffs
- Pacific Beach
- GoCar rental
- Hotel Pick-up
- Meals and Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
- Optional Activity Costs
- GoCars hold a maximum of 2 people.
- Must be 21 years or older to rent. Must possess a major credit card and valid driver's license. GoCars do not accommodate car seats for children.
- On the day of rental, a 300USD security deposit will be held on your credit card until the GoCar is returned.
- All riders must sign a standard participant agreement. Renters will have the option to purchase Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance on the day of rental.
- Renters are free to extend the length of their tour on the day of rental. Additional rental time will be charged at 5-minute increments.
- Car must be returned to rental location before dusk.
- Please call to confirm your reservation and departure time at least 24 hours in advance of the rental.
- Rates are per GoCar.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.