Ride a historic street car into the Mission District, one of San Francisco's most vibrant and colorful neighborhood. Then, walk to Mission Dolores, the site of San Francisco's first European settlement in 1776, and the oldest standing building in the city. Afterwards, embark on a walking tour of the Mission District's brightly painted neighborhoods. Murals splash vibrant color on the façade of many buildings, expressing Latino culture, folklore, famous citizens, and history. Hop on the iconic cable car to climb California Street through the financial district to China Town. Explore the influence and history of SF's Chinese immigrant population in Portsmouth Square, Grant Street, historic side lanes, and local markets.
Lunch will be at a local dim sum house where you can sample a variety of specialty dishes. A short walk into North Beach brings you to the City Lights Bookstore, one of the country's most renowned independent bookstores founded by the poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti and meeting point for some of America's famous Beat generation authors. You will also get a glimpse into the Italian influence along Columbus Street and visit Washington Square. A local city bus will deliver the group to Fisherman's wharf where we can enjoy panoramic views of the bay.
Boarding the catamaran, set sail past Alcatraz and under the Golden Gate Bridge with the impressive San Fran skyline in view.Upon return to the pier, your local guide will accompany the group back to the meeting point on a historic street car, or Upon return to the pier, your local guide will accompany the group back to the meeting point on a historic street car, or travelers can explore the waterfront area independently.
- Local english speaking guide
- One day unlimited MUNI (public transport) pass
- Catamaran sailing
- 1 meal: Dim Sum lunch
- Mission Dolores admission
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- The admission to Mission Dolores is 5USD. Price is subject to change without notice.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. San Francisco's weather can change quickly in a day so layers of clothing for a variety of conditions and rain gear are recommended.
- Between November 30 and February 28, the cruise on the bay will be on a Blue and Gold Fleet cruise instead of a Catamaran.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.