San Francisco Segway Experience Tour for Small Groups
This two hour tour is an excellent opportunity to check out the latest, cool transportation craze . If you have always wanted to get on board a Segway and experience the joy of gliding along - this is the tour for you. Join us as we explore Fisherman's Wharf and see Alcatraz from the Municipal Pier. The sights and smells of boiling crab pots and Sourdough bread along with the local street musicians is a San Francisco treat.
Itinerary /Activity Schedule
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Views of Golden Gate Bridge
- Views of Alcatraz
- Ghirardelli Square
- Aquatic Park
- Cable Car Turnaround
- USS Pampanito Submarine
This colorful waterfront area boasts many working fishing boats, dungeness crab and the famous San Francisco sourdough bread. The famous Pier 39 is here, complete with restaurants, souvenir shops and a few hundred sea lions.
View of Golden Gate Bridge
Completed in 1937, the Golden Gate Bridge is the symbol of San Francisco. The bridge is 8,981 feet long and connects San Francisco with Marin County and nearby Sausalito. The channel below the bridge is 400 feet deep and is the mouth of San Francisco Bay into the Pacific Ocean.
Views of Alcatraz
The infamous prison that sits in San Francisco Bay was home to some of the most notorious criminals, including Al Capone and the "Birdman of Alcatraz".
Domingo Ghirardelli purchased the entire city block for the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company in 1893. In 1982 the square was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Today one can enjoy shops, restaurants and treats from the famous soda fountain.
Aquatic Park is home to a myriad of restored floating vessels, including the Balclutha which was featured in the film Mutiny on the Bounty. The Maritime museum features artifacts from life at sea.
Cable Car Turnaround
Cable Cars are the only moving national historic landmark in the United States. This is the end of the line for the Hyde Street Cable car. Watch as the cable is car is loaded on to a platform and turned by hand for the return trip to Market Street.
USS Pampanito Submarine
The USS Pampanito made multiple war patrols in the Pacific from 1944 - 1945. She was severely damaged by depth charges and also is credited with a number of kills. Today she is a floating museum for those interested in the life of a submariner.
- Guided segway tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 8 guests
- Insurance requires that the tour operator holds a damage deposit per party on the day of the reservation. Please bring your American Express, MasterCard, Visa, or Discover (cash is also accepted) with you for this deposit. It will be returned to you immediately upon completion of a damage-free tour. Please note that there may be a delay and/or difference in the refunded amount of your deposit if you choose to use a debit card.
- The Segway is appropriate for virtually anyone 12 and older that weighs more than 100 pounds and less than 265 pounds.
- Minors under the age of 18 must either be accompanied by an adult or have an adult complete our insurance paperwork in advance of the tour. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate.
- The tours go out rain or shine.
- A strict policy against alcohol consumption and Segway operation is implemented by the tour operator. Alcohol is forbidden on all Segway tours and any client suspected of drinking before or during a Segway tour will immediately forfeit their tour and no refund will be given.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.