Yosemite and Lake Tahoe Camping Trip for Small Groups
Day 1 - San Francisco/ Lake Tahoe
Arrive early in San Francisco to enjoy all that this beguiling bayside city has to offer. Catch a cable car to Market Street, explore the bohemian suburb of Haight-Ashbury and look out over the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Then, leave the city behind and journey to Lake Tahoe, the perfect destination for those with an adventurous streak. Hike, swim, rent bikes, set sail on the waters or simply relax on the shores of the lake. It'll be easy to spend a free afternoon in this scenic spot.
Accommodation - camping with basic facilities
Day 2 - Yosemite National Park
Hit the road and visit one of the most spectacular parks in California, Yosemite. This national park boasts incredible beauty at every turn. From drenching waterfalls and turquoise lakes to the hulking masses of El Capitan and Half Dome, it's impossible to take a bad photograph here. Strap on comfortable hiking shoes and head out on one of the many trails in this park. With walks ranging from easy strolls to challenging treks, there's something to suit every fitness level. Perhaps enjoy an afternoon hike to one of the lower Nevada Falls or a more leisurely walk to Mirror Lake. Soak in the sights, smells and sounds of this unforgettable setting.
Included activities: Yosemite National Park
Accommodation - camping with basic facilities
Day 3 - San Francisco
Say goodbye to the grand panoramas of Yosemite and head back to San Francisco Bay. Stop off to gaze up at some mighty redwoods en route to the city. There'll still be a great deal of things to see and experience - perhaps check out the architecture of the Palace of Fine Arts or while away an hour or two in Golden Gate Park. Celebrate the end of your Yosemite and Tahoe adventure with a dumpling feast in San Francisco city's bustling Chinatown.
Carbon: 173 CO2-e kgs per person
Climate change is one of the most critical issues the world is facing today. Scientists are telling us that we must act with urgency to reduce our carbon emissions if we are going to stop catastrophic irreversible impacts to our precious home. We've taken a long hard look at all our operations and have initiated various actions to reduce our contributions to global warming. This tour is a carbon offset trip.
- English-speaking group leader / driver
- Transportation by van
- Camping accommodations with access to basic facilities
- Camping and cooking equipment
- 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour operates as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 13 participants.
- Some easy physical activities included in your trip. No physical preparation is required to make the most of the journey.
- If the Tioga Pass is closed we will substitute Tahoe with another night in Yosemite.
- Some changes may occur in our itineraries due national holidays, inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes. This can happen with little notice so please be prepared for modifications to the route.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- San Francisco Multi-day & Extended Tours
- San Francisco Lakes, Beaches & Swimming Fun
- San Francisco Nature & Eco Tours
- Tours from San Francisco
- Open Top Big Bus Tour of San Francisco with Alcatraz Visit
- San Francisco Hop On Hop Off Tour - All Loops
- Yosemite in a Day by Motorcoach
- Grand City Tour with Bay Cruise