Open Top Big Bus Tour of San Francisco
This unique city tour stops at 20 key points of interest all around spectacular San Francisco. Experience the diverse culture, beautiful parks, stunning architecture and picturesque views atop an open air bus. Hop on or hop off at your leisure to create your own customized journey around the city.
You have the opportunity to hop on and off the bus at many places of interest; to explore, visit attractions or to take refreshment before hopping back on board to continue your journey. You have the choice of a personal recorded commentary or an entertaining live commentary.
The main highlight is the journey over the fabled Golden Gate Bridge and the stunning views back across San Francisco Bay from Vista Point. Bring your camera to help capture some memorable moments!
Stop 1 - San Francisco Visitor Center
Stop 2 - Activity Center
Stop 3 - Washington Square
Stop 4 - North Beach, Little Italy
Stop 5 - Embarcadero
Stop 6 - Union Square South
Stop 7 - Civic Center
Stop 8 - Fulton Street
Stop 9 - Alamo Square
Stop 10 - Haight Ashbury
Stop 11 - Golden Gate Park
Stop 12 - Golden Gate Bridge South
Stop 13 - Golden Gate Bridge North
Stop 14 - Palace of Fine Arts
Stop 15 - Lombard Street 1
Stop 16 - Lombard Street 2
Stop 17 - Union Square North
Stop 18 - Chinatown
Stop 19 - Steuart Street
Stop 20 - Pier 39
Frequency: 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the season*)
Loop Duration: 2.5 hours
View Route Map
- 24-hour or 48-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Tour guide on board the bus (in English only)
- Pre-recorded audio commentary (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese)
- FREE walking tour
- FREE 1-hour bike rental (48-hour tickets only)
- FREE admission to the Wax Museum in Fisherman's Wharf (48-hour child tickets only)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge provided they are accompanied by a dedicated adult (1 adult to 1 child) and so long as they do not occupy a seat to the detriment of a fare paying passenger.
- Every other bus has a live guide on board narrating the tour. The ones in between have headphones with pre-recorded audio commentary.
- * During the summer time and usually through October, buses are on a 10-minute schedule. During the winter, the interval is spread out but it never exceeds 20 minutes.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.