Cave Tubing and Belize Zipride - from San Ignacio
Embark on a drive via the Western Highway to Caves Branch Outpost in the Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archeological Reserve, your adventure headquarters for the day. The Outpost is located a few hundred feet from the Caves Branch River and its winding waterway through the ancient caves once inhabited by the Maya.
Your Zipride adventure starts with gear fittings (safety harness and hard hat) followed by instructions and safety briefing. Become a "zip rider" today as you connect to a series of overhead cables criss-crossing the rainforest canopy. The zipline course features a "beginner's zip run" of only 150 feet. Six other zip runs range in length from 200' to 600' between treetop platforms secured in the canopy of tropical hardwood trees.
Intriguing karst limestone cliffs provide a scenic backdrop as you zip through the rainforest canopy. This zipline course is truly unforgettable and second to none in Central America and the Caribbean. It is fully insured and also certified by Challenge Course Technologies (ACCT).
Your Cave Tubing adventure starts with gear fittings (personal tubes, hard-hat with headlamp and life vest) and then you set out on a nature walk where your guide will point out various plants, roots, and herbs once used by the ancient Maya, various species of birds as well as an introduction to Xibalba (she-bal-ba). The entrance tunnel that heads into the underground cave system is the start of an eye-opening adventure.
At the end of the walk your guide will conduct a safety briefing on proper cave exploration procedures and then you are ready to float on inflated inner tubes assisted by gentle currents taking you through the cave system. Intricate crystalline formations line the caves, and stalagmites and stalactites add to the serene opulence of nature. On occasion you will emerge into the sunlight only to enter into another cave system.
Your journey ends with a free float on the open river as you head for lunch. Select your lunch from a wide range of buffet items from the Canopy Café at Caves Branch Outpost.
- Guided tour
- Park fee
- Buffet lunch at Canopy Cafe
- Soft beverage (iced tea and water)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Participants should be in moderate physical condition with no physical limitations to participate.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old and must be at least 80lbs and 4'10" tall in order to fit securely into the zipride harness (maximum harness size is 44 inches).
- This tour is not recommended for non-swimmers.
- Please bring a change of clothes and shoes and a towel.
- Pick-up time varies depending on hotel location. Pick-up starts at 08:00.
- Tour can be arranged on a private basis. Please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.