Admire the imposing Poas Volcano at a height of 8,884 ft above sea level. Visit a unique coffee plantation and the historic city of Sarchi on this exciting day trip!
Our first stop is Poas Volcano National Park, where you will enjoy magnificent views of the Central Valley and the volcano's enormous crater - considered one of the largest in the world!
Next, you will be visiting the beautiful coffee plantations at Doka Estate. You will be guided through the estate, visiting the plantations and the 96-year-old "beneficio" or coffee mill. You will learn how the best coffee beans turn into a fabulous cup of java before enjoying a regional Costa Rican lunch.
Continue to the town of Sarchi, home to Costa Rica's most experienced artisans. Here, you will see first-hand how typical oxcarts are built and painted and maybe even buy some of the beautiful wood souvenirs made by the locals!
Itinerary Activity Schedule
- Poas National Park
- Typical Oxcart Factory
- Entrance Fee to National Park
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tips and gratuities
- It is highly recommended that you bring long pants, a light jacket, comfortable shoes and a camera.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. All tickets will be refunded or rescheduled in this case. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Our tour guide was terrific-very knowledgeable, amicable and communicative. No fault of anyone, but the vast forces of nature, it was too cloudy to see Paos Volcano, which was very disappointing. Otherwise, a wonderful tour that exceeded my expectations. Liz Turesky"
Elizabeth T., USA