The Bund is the cultural section of Shanghai that best represents the blending of ancient and modern influences. This renowned waterfront district is the city's most famous landmark. The word Bund is of Anglo-Indian origin meaning "embankment on the waterfront", and you'll experience the definition literally with a feeling of space and openness that you won't find anywhere else in Shanghai.
The tour starts with an evening cruise on the Huangpu River, which divides the Bund into two sections, Pu Dong and Pu Xi, which mean "east of river" and "west of river". Local people honor the Huangpu as Mother River, and as you view the lights and spectacle from the deck of your evening cruise, you will understand why.
After the cruise, we will enjoy a walk along the Bund on our way to the historically famous Peace Hotel, which served as the center of Shanghai's nightlife in the 1920's and 30's. Then we will take a trolley tour to enjoy the magnificent night view of Nanjing Road.
The schedule of this tour allows you to take other available tours in the evening (these tours are purchased separately):
- Chinese Massage Experience
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Air conditioned coach/mini van
- English-speaking guide
- Evening cruise ticket
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Japanese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Cantonese guided tours are available at an additional cost. Please inquire.
- Confirm hotel pick-up schedule with local tour operator at least 24 hours in advance