The Sunset Tour takes you on a complete trip around the lake and will show you Lake Tahoe awash in magnificent colors as you view the setting sun from across the lake.
Departing from the South Lake Tahoe airport, you'll head north to the lake. Upon reaching the shoreline, you will head west towards Camp Richardson and the fabulous Emerald Bay. After taking a circuit around Emerald Bay, your flight will continue northward along the western shore of Lake Tahoe past Meeks Bay and Tahoe City, and you'll see the ridgeline to the east of the lake glowing red in the pre-sunset light. You'll then take a turn to the east and fly past Kings Beach, Incline Village, and the favorite Lake Tahoe hangout of the Rat Pac - the Cal-Neva Resort.
As your flight continues southbound along the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe, you will be given a spectacular view of the sunset while looking west across Lake Tahoe. You will see Cave Rock, Zephyr Cove, and the casinos of Stateline as they start to come alive for a night of entertainment. Your flight will finally bring you back to the airport at South Lake Tahoe.
Your helicopter will be a Robinson R44 Raven II or a Bell 206 LongRanger. These are some of the safest and quietest helicopters in the industry. Each copter comes equipped with leather seats and Active Noise Reduction headsets, so you can enjoy your flight in comfort without any unnecessary noise.
Depending on the helicopter being flown, passenger count will be 3, 4, 5 or 6 passengers and the pilot. All seating allows for EVERY seat to be a window seat (the exception is one seat of 6- passenger seating).
- 60 minute scenic helicopter flight
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required. Individuals who book for only 1 passenger will be required to pay a 50% surcharge directly to operator upon check-in.
- Maximum allowed weight per person is 230 pounds, but flight conditions and duration are taken into consideration for combined passenger weights.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Handicapped and disabled passengers are welcome to fly with pilot approval, prior to flight. A full refund will be given if disability cannot be accommodated.
- Departure takes place 45 minutes prior to sunset. The exact time will be confirmed upon reconfirmation.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.