Don't restrict your historical experience to just the main sites that people visit! See Takayama, known as "Little Kyoto," and its preserved historical structures and environment. Mingle with the locals at the thatched roofed village of Shirakawa-go, a World Heritage site. Visit Kanazawa, home of Kenroku Garden, one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan, and admire the ceramics at Kutaniyaki. Day 1. Takayama
Stroll through Takayama, visiting Yatai Kaikan Hall, where colorfully decorated traditional festival floats are displayed, the Kusakabe Folkcraft Museum, formerly the residence of powerful merchants under government patronage, and the streets of Kami Sannomachi, which displays preserved traditional Japanese wooden houses. Day 2. Takayama - Shirakawago - Kanazawa
Visit the famous morning market of Takayama. take a scenic drive by Lake Miboro and along Shokawa River to Shirakawago, designated in 1995 as part of the World Heritage Sites. Its highlights are unique structures called Gassho-Zukuri, or joined-hands farmhouses. Day 3. Kanazawa
Go sightseeing in Kanazawa, visiting Kenrokuen, one of Japan's three most beautiful traditional gardens, Kutaniyaki Pottery kiln, Higashi-cyaya machi, and Former Guest House "Shima."
Tour disbands on arrival at Kanazawa station between 12:00-13:00. Hotel Accommodation
Tourist Class: Hida Hotel Plaza (Standard room) in Takayama on Day 1; Hotel Nikko Kanazawa (Deluxe room) in Kanazawa on Day 2
First Class: Hida Hotel Plaza (Deluxe room) in Takayama on Day 1; Hotel Nikko Kanazawa (Deluxe room) in Kanazawa on Day 2 *Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- We recommend you prepare casual clothes and comfortable shoes. Also, please bring an overcoat or warm clothes from the chilly month of October to the snowy month of February.
- You are requested to let us know where you will be staying prior to/following the finalization of your booking.
- Lake Miboro may be skipped if there is heavy snow.
- Depending upon traffic, weather conditions, or other operational needs, a motorcoach may be used to transfer from Nagoya Station to Takayama Station.
- The staff will not be meeting you at Nagoya Station on Day 3.
- - 25% cancellation Fee: 46 days prior to date of activity.
- - 50% cancellation Fee: 16 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 16 days before the date of activity.