Type: Sumo Wrestling Tournament Tours
Departs From: Tokyo
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 4 hours
Available: daily at 13:40
Product Code: 1353
This Japanese-style wrestling dates from ancient times and is thus full of rituals. Six tournaments are held each year; Tokyo hosts three tournaments annually.
Leave Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal for the Kokugikan (Sumo Amphitheater) by train.
View sumo-related objects from the Edo period to the present in the Sumo Museum.
Dohyo-iri and Sumo matches
Enjoy a Dohyo-iri (entering the ring) ceremony and exciting sumo matches from a reserved seat on the second floor. English commentary is available on radios which will be provided by the guide.
Tour disbands at Kokugikan around 18:00. Participants will return to their hotels or elsewhere on their own. The guide can provide directions for returning to your hotel.
- English-speaking guide or assistant service
- Hotel pick up
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal Expense
- Optional Activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- Your reserved tickets are B-class (second floor seats).
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $104.59
Price per child $104.59
Departs daily at 13:40
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
"I used City Discovery to see the sumo wrestlers in Tokyo. They made it so easy. Couldn't have found my way around without them. The only problem was.....they wouldn't let me bring one of the sumos home."