View Japan's classical and modern sights as this bus tour drives past the National Diet Building to visit the Imperial Palace East Garden. Afterwards take a stroll through the colorful stores lining the Nakamise Shopping Arcade leading up to Sensoji Temple, Tokyo's oldest and most famous Buddhist temple. Enjoy lunch at Pastel-tei restaurant while looking over the beautiful Hamarikyu Gardens. Take a cruise around Tokyo Bay before crossing the Rainbow Bridge to Odaiba, a futuristic waterfront city that has become one of Tokyo's most popular areas.
Meiji Jingu Shrine
Meiji Jingu, Japan's most famous Shinto shrine, is dedicated to the Emperor Meiji and his consort. See the National Diet Building en route to the Imperial Palace.
Imperial Palace East Garden
Here you'll find the stone foundation of old Edo Castle, which is all that remains of its central keep. Take a stroll in one of the vast inner gardens of the Imperial Palace. (40 min.) On Mondays and Fridays when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, this tour will visit the Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
Sensoji Temple (Asakusa Kannon) and Nakamise-dori
Sensoji is the oldest and most popular temple in Tokyo. The promenade leading to the temple, called Nakamise-dori, is lined on both sides by many small food and souvenir shops. See Ginza, the most celebrated shopping district in Tokyo, en route to lunch.
Tokyo Bay Cruise
Board the Symphony, a modern and luxurious ship, for a 50-minute cruise around Tokyo Bay.
Rainbow Bridge and Odaiba
Drive to Odaiba, a futuristic city built on reclaimed land, which is next to man-made island fortresses from the Edo Period in Tokyo Bay.
- 09:00 Leave Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and visit the following places by bus.
- Meiji Jingu Shrine (30 minutes)
- Imperial Palace East Garden* (40 minutes)
- Sensoji Temple (Asakusa Kannon) and Nakamise-dori (40 minutes)
- Tokyo Bay Cruise (60 minutes)
- Rainbow Bridge and Odaiba (30 minutes)
- 17:30 to 18:30 Return to Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal and drop-off service**
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Western-style Lunch
- Guide tapes in Korean, Chinese or Spanish (upon request)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- *On Mondays, Fridays and other days when the Imperial Palace East Gardens is closed, the tour will visit Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
- **Drop offs are available for selected Tokyo hotels for 2012 only. Drop-off service for this tour will be discontinued in 2013. The tour will end at Tokyo Station's Marunouchi South Exit.
- For the added sightseeing enjoyment of travelers not well-versed in English, playback units featuring guide tapes recorded in Korean, Chinese or Spanish will be provided on these tours. To receive this special free service, please make your request in advance.
- Vegetarian dish is available. Please make requests in advance.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"We totally enjoyed the tour, we did 3 different tours during our visit to Japan and this one was the best. Our guide (Sato) was an excellent source of information and he made the time on the bus between sites interesting."
Albert K., Canada