Experience the rich history and culture of Kyoto and Nara! In Kyoto, see the Tokugawa era shogun's residence, Nijo Castle. Admire its gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion and stroll through the exquisite gardens surrounding it. Walk through the Kyoto Imperial Palace and watch traditional artisans work their craft at the Kyoto Handicraft Center. Visit Todaiji, in Nara, the world's largest wooden structure and home of the Great Buddha. Mingle with the deer at Nara Park and marvel at the many lanterns at Kasuga Taisha Shrine.
Day 1: Tokyo - Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Tour departs from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at 09:00. Pickup service is available. English-speaking staff will assist you in boarding a Shinkansen Nozomi super express from Tokyo Station for the classical city of Kyoto.
Departure times from Tokyo Station will be between 09:30 and 10:00.
Enjoy a splendid view of imposing Mt.Fuji en route (weather permitting). After arriving in Kyoto, buffet-style lunch at the Rhiga Royal Hotel Kyoto.
Afternoon tour by motorcoach to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple, the world's largest wooden structure and home to a great image of Buddha; colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with its 3,000 stone lanterns; and Nara Park, where a tamed herd of sacred deer freely roam amidst the sightseers. Return to Kyoto by motorcoach
Day 2: Kyoto - Tokyo
Go on the morning guided tour of Kyoto by motorcoach, visiting Kinkakuji Temple, called the Golden Pavilion for its glittering walls, Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and the elegant Kyoto Imperial Palace.
After a buffet-style lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, afternoon guided tour of Kyoto by motorcoach, visiting Sanjusangendo Temple with its 1,001 impressive images of Buddha; vermilion-hued Heian Jingu Shrine; and Kiyomizudera Temple, featuring spectacular views from its wooden veranda.
In the evening English-speaking staff will assist you in boarding a Shinkansen Nozomi super express train back to Tokyo.
Departure times from Kyoto Station will be between 18:00 and 19:00. Tour ends upon arrival at Tokyo Station between 21:00 and 10:00.
Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
First Class: Kyoto Hotel Okura
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Hotel pick-up
- 2 lunches
- English-speaking assistant except when onboard the Shinkansen
- Meals and drinks not in description
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expense
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- This tour is offered to travelers from overseas only.
- For this tour, we recommend you to leave your large luggage at your hotel in Tokyo and to bring just an overnight bag with you since there is no space for large luggage on the train.
- All Tuesdays in January, July, August and December, Nijo Castle will be closed. This tour will visit "Ryoanji Temple" instead.
- For days when the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, you will visit "Kitano-tenmangu Shrine" instead. Nishi Honganji Temple may be used on May 25 and August 25.
- To enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality).
- Please inform us where you will be staying before and after this tour upon booking.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.