Don't restrict your historical experience to just the main sites that people visit. See Takayama, known as "Little Kyoto" and its preserved historical structures and environment. Mingle with the locals at the thatched roofed village of Shirakawa-go, a World Heritage site. Visit Kanazawa, home of Kenroku Garden, one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan, and admire the ceramics at Kutaniyaki.
Day 1. Tokyo - Takayama
Board a shinkansen for Nagoya. Transfer to a limited express for Takayama, an ancient, tranquil city also known as "Little Kyoto". Stroll through Takayama, visiting Yatai Kaikan Hall, where colorfully decorated traditional festival floats are displayed, Kusakabe Folkcraft Museum, formerly the residence of powerful merchants under government patronage, and the streets of Kami Sannomachi, where there are preserved traditional Japanese wooden houses.
Day 2. Takayama - Shirakawago - Kanazawa
Visit the famous morning market of Takayama. Go for a scenic drive by Lake Miboro and along Shokawa River to Shirakawago, designated in 1995 as a World Heritage site. See unique structures called Gassho-Zukuri, or joined-hands farmhouses. Continue to Kanazawa.
Day 3. Kanazawa - Tokyo
Kenrokuen Garden, Kutaniyaki Pottery Kiln, Nagamachi Samurai House Area/Nomurake, Kanazawa Station.
Tourist Class: Hakone Hotel Kowaki-En (Standard room) in HAKONE day 1; Hida Hotel Plaza (Standard room) in TAKAYAMA day 2
First Class: Hakone Hotel Kowaki-En (Deluxe room) in HAKONE day 1; Hida Hotel Plaza (Deluxe room) in TAKAYAMA day 2
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Hotel pick up
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expense
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes suitable for the walking tour on Day 1.
- Bring an overcoat or wear warm clothing for the winter season from October to February.
- Please inform us where you will be staying before/after this tour when make a booking.
- This tour is offered for travelers from overseas only.
- Lake Miboro may be skipped due to heavy snow during winter.
- Baggage carriage is not included. Please carry your baggage on your own. However, trains do not have areas for storing large pieces of baggage. We recommend leaving large pieces of baggage at your hotel in Tokyo while you travel by train.
- Other hotel packages are available, please contact us.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.