Get the ultimate introduction to Japan! Go up Mt. Fuji, Japan's most famous symbol, for a panoramic view of the land below. Enjoy the mountain resort area of Hakone, check out Toba, the home of the first cultivated pearls, and Ise, the most important Shinto Shrine. Explore Kyoto's 1,200 years of history and see Nara's Todaiji, home of the Great Buddha.
Day 1. Tokyo - Mt. Fuji - Hakone
Take a deluxe motorcoach to the foot of Mt .Fuji via expressway, then drive halfway up Japan's highest mountain to enjoy a spectacular view from a height of 2,300 meters. Enjoy a Japanese-style lunch. In the afternoon, visit Hakone for the Hakone Ropeway and Owakudani Valley and a cruise on Lake Ashi (in a pirate boat).
Day 2. Hakone - Nagoya
Go to Odawara Station and board a shinkansen for Nagoya. After lunch, do a half-day of sightseeing in Nagoya, visiting Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology and Nagoya Castle. Go to Nagoya Station and board a limited express train for Toba.
Day 3. Nagoya - Toba - Ise - Kyoto
Go to Kintetsu Nagoya Station and board a limited express for Ujiyamada. Visit Ise Jingu Shrine and Mikimito Pearl Island. After lunch, go to Kintetsu Toba Station and board a limited express train for Kyoto.
Day 4. Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Go sightseeing in the morning, visiting Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion), Nijo Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace. After lunch at Kyoto Handicraft Center, go on an excursion to Nara, visiting Todaiji Temple and its Great Buddha, Kasuga Taisha Shrine and Nara Park (Deer Park). Return to the hotel in Kyoto.
Day 5. Kyoto
The tour disbands in the morning in Kyoto.
Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
First Class: Kyoto Hotel Okura
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- 4 lunches
- English-speaking guide (except day 5 and when onboard a shinkansen)
- Meals and drinks not included in description
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- Hotel Pick-up Schedule changes starting 2013.
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- Your baggage will be transported by land from Hakone to Kyoto with allowance of one piece per person on 2nd day. For the overnight stay in Nagoya, we recommend that you carry a light overnight bag with you. You will be charged per item if you bring extra baggage.
- We recommend bringing / wearing an overcoat or other warm clothing during autumn and winter.
- For people proceeding to Kyoto after this tour, please note that your arrival time is usually around 21:30 but sometimes will be around 22:00-23:00 due to traffic conditions.
- We do not give refunds if you go up to 5th station of Mt. Fuji and it happened that you cannot see the full view due to weather conditions.
- Other hotel packages are available, please contact us.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.