Local travelers want to visit this beautiful site at least once in their lifetime! On this day trip to Nikko, one of Japan's most beautiful regions, visit Toshogu Shrine, dedicated to the first shogun of the Tokugawa era and famous for its carving of the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" monkeys. Entertain yourself at Nikko Edomura, an amusement park that reproduces the life and events of the Edo era. You will also visit the Ninja house and see Ninja performances, which display the techniques and tools these secretive agents used.
Nikko Toshogu Shrine
Visit world famous Toshogu Shrine, the mausoleum of the first Tokugawa Shogun. The complex features many interesting and colorful structures.
Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
The whole park is like a giant theater filled with historical figures reproducing events from the Edo Period. Among the park's many attractions, you can enjoy a ninja performance including displays of a wide variety of combative techniques and the tools of their trade.
Itinerary / Schedule
09:00 - Bus trip to Nikko Toshogu Shrine
Nikko Toshogu Shrine - 1 hour and 40 minutes (guide service ends after the Toshogu Shrine visit)
Fujiya Kanko Center - Take the 13:20 or 14:40 shuttle to Edo Wonderland
Edo Wonderland - 3 hours or 1 hour and 40 minutes (depending on which shuttle is taken)
17:15 - Board a bus to Kinugawa-Onsen Station
18:00 to 18:45 - Ride the Limited Express Kinu to Tokyo (2 hours and 10 minutes)
20:30 to 21:00 - Tour ends as you arrive at the Tobu Asakusa Station
- Nikko Toshogu Shrine guided tour
- Hotel pick up
- Entrance fee to Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
- Local bus fee to Kinugawa-Onsen Station
- Train fare for Tobu Limited Express KINU
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Guide during Edo Woderland visit and return to Tokyo
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- English-speaking guide service is included until sightseeing of Nikko Toshogu Shrine, after which participants will continue the tour by themselves. The guide will tell you how to get to your next destination.
- After viewing the Toshogu Shrine, please make your way to Fujiya Kanko Center.
- A complimentary shuttle bus service will transport you from Fujiya Kanko Center to Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura. Transportation from Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura to the Kinugawa-Onsen Station is made by local bus. Bus tickets will be distributed in advance.
- Coats and warm clothing are necessary during spring, autumn, and winter.
- Sightseeing at the Nikko Toshogu Shrine may be shortened due to road and traffic conditions.
- Earphone guidance may not be used if the number of participants is less than 15.
- If an earphone guidance device is damaged or lost, you may be charged for compensation.
- Due to repairs and restoration work, Toshogu Shrine's Yomeimon Gate may not be visible.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Tokyo Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Tokyo Theme Parks
- Tours around Tokyo
- Sunrise Holiday 5 Day Tour of Toba and Ise - One Way
- Sunrise Express 3-Day Tour to Kyoto and Nara from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji plus Hakone and Onsen - 2 days
- Nikko World Heritage Day Tour
- Mt Fuji and Hakone Day Tour - Return by Shinkansen