- This bargain travel package includes Shinkansen tickets and accommodations in the ancient capital!
- Travel by Japan's famous bullet train and see Kyoto in your own time and at your own pace.
Discover 1,200 years of history in Kyoto, Japan's capital from 794 to 1868. Visit Nijo Castle, the residence of the Tokugawa era shoguns, marvel at the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion and take a stroll through its exquisite surrounding garden. Take in Kyoto Imperial Palace and watch traditional artisans work their craft at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, where you can purchase locally made items.
Your tickets and final itinerary will be delivered at least one day before departure to the address you provide for this purpose when booking.
- Proceed to Tokyo Station* on your own.
- 10:30 to 12:10 Board the Hikari Shinkansen for Kyoto as indicated on your ticket**.
- 13:20 to 14:50 Arrive at Kyoto Station.
- ***After arrival, you are free to explore Kyoto on your own. Please go to and check in at your hotel on your own.
- Check out of your hotel. Enjoy Kyoto before returning to Tokyo. Proceed to Kyoto Station on your own to ride the train indicated on your ticket.
- 11:50 to 14:00 Board the Hikari Shinkansen for Tokyo as indicated on your ticket.
- 14:30 to 16:50
Arrive at Tokyo Station*. Package ends on arrival.
- Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
- First Class: ANA Kyoto / Kyoto Hotel Okura
Hotel is subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- Train tickets
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- *You can also ride the Shinkansen from Shinagawa or Shin-Yokohama Station, please indicate when booking.
- **We cannot accept advance requests for specific departure times or seat assignments. Your ticket will be issued for a departure time within the above time frames with a reserved seat.
- ***Sightseeing is not included in this package. Please plan activities and pay any additional transportation or entry fees yourself.
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- This is an exclusive package for foreign tourists and cannot be purchased by residents of Japan alone. However two residents per one non-resident may join. For residents of Japan wishing to purchase this package, please contact us.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- Tour includes no assistant or guide service, you need to make a own transfer between hotel and train station or anywhere else you want to visit.
- Please book this tour at least 4 working days ahead of time, with information about your staying place, address, phone number and check-in date for delivering tickets. For those staying at personal residences, please give us the name of your landlord.
- In case of cancellations (or changes) after you've received your ticket, call the phone number on your confirmation voucher to return your ticket.
- Requests for train reservation (such as departure / arrival time, seat number) are not acceptable.
- Baggage carriage not included.
- Unless specified as "Japanese-style room," western-style double room (with two beds) is provided.
- Other hotel packages are available, please contact us.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.