Japanese Dishes and Sweets Cooking Class and Home Visit in Tokyo
- Classes are not held in a cooking studio - experience a Japanese home visit and learn to cook traditional and homemade meals
- Located in the Tokyo Central area, near Ginza, and just a few minutes walk from the Tsukiji fish market
- Special authentic Japanese sweets lessons in addition to the Japanese dishes course
Type: Tours around Tokyo
Departs From: Tokyo
Meeting Point: Exit 5 of the Shintomicho Station
Duration: 4 hours
Available: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday at 09:30; 16:30
Product Code: 9136
The class will be held not at a cooking studio but at a private home to for you to experience and understand the local Japanese culture. This cooking class includes two courses in one day: Japanese home dishes and Japanese sweets.
Learn how to prepare:
- 1 main dish
- 1 side dish
- 1 Dashi (Japanese soup stock) and Miso soup
- 1 Japanese dessert
You can choose main dishes like Sushi rolls, Tempura, Chicken Teriyaki, Okonomiyaki, Katsudon, Gyoza and Teriyaki Pizza and desserts like Green tea cake, Daifuku and Dango. The menu can be customized and you may ask for anything that you'd like to try and learn how to cook.
The teacher, Mari, offers various kinds of menus with handy tips and seasonal fresh ingredients. The menu is arranged after asking the participants' requests or their preferences. She can also arrange the menu for low-cholesterol diet, low-gluten diet, DM diet and vegetarian diet. If you have any special diet habits, the teacher will be happy to accommodate any requests.
The lecture, cooking and sampling of the dishes will take approximately 4 hours.
- Japanese Dishes Course
- Japanese Sweets Course
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Classes are scheduled for lunch or dinner. However, schedules are flexible and preferred time may be requested upon booking.
- Please indicate your menu requests and any food allergies upon booking.
- Classes are usually private but there is a possibility that other people will join the group.
- Please indicate your menu requests and any food allergies upon booking. Each class is required to choose the same dishes. If you are the first to reserve on that day, your preferred menu will be prioritized.
- Children 6 years old and below are free of charge.
- Classes are usually held Mondays to Fridays only. Weekend classes are subject to the instructor's availability, please inquire.
- Classes may be already be fully booked as far as two weeks in advance and not reflect in the availability calendar. In case this happens, you will get an email notification with possible alternative date/time. Please make your reservations as early as possible.
Price per adult $128.02
Price per child $128.02
Departs Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday at 09:30; 16:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 12 and below.