Venice in One Day - Original Walk + Grand Canal Boat Tour
Type: Day Tours in Venice
Departs From: Venice
Meeting Point: Entrance to the Royal Gardens
Duration: 2 hours + 1 hour (with break in between)
Available: Departs daily at 11:10 or at 14:30 on Sunday (Availability might vary depending on the season. Check the Availability Calendar for more information.)
Product Code: 488
This is a combination tour of the Original Venice Walk and the Original Grand Canal Boat Tour
Please check the schedule of the entire activity below before booking.
For the first part of the tour, enjoy a walking tour of Venice. Roam around St. Mark's Square and learn about the history behind the walls of its most famous landmarks. Learn about the Basilica and its Byzantine heritage, the Doge's Palace (exterior) and its adjoining prisons, that retain the true secrets to comprehend how a city built on swamps became one of the most enlightened cities in the western world.
Then, leave the square and crowds behind to discover the "real Venice." Enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways and alleys where an enchanting city of meandering canals punctuated by delicate bridges awaits you.
Explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic Palaces and at the "Scuola" di San Marco learn about the famous trade schools of Venice that provided the foundations of the great mercantile empire.
And by looking at the sights, learn how illustrious Venetians, the likes of Marco Polo and others, made this city of stone a vibrant and magical place. See contemporary Venice and find out how it is to live in the most unique city in the world (though not the most practical) before concluding the first part of the tour near the Rialto Bridge.
At mid-afternoon, meet with your guide again for the second part of your tour - the Grand Canal Boat Tour.
During the boat ride, you'll get to see the beautiful and imposing palaces and churches that line the banks of the Grand Canal. Learn about the history of the Grand Canal, how it has developed over the centuries into the most beautiful street in the world.
In this part of the tour, discover the more romantic and intimate minor canals to savor the true essence of Venice.
Original Venice Walk
May 12 to Jul 17 2014: Mon-Sat at 11:10 and 13:45 / Sun at 14:00
Jul 18 to Sep 05 2014: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00
Sep 06 to Oct 15 2014: Mon-Sat at 11:10 and 13:45 / Sun at 14:00
Oct 16 to Nov 16 2014: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00
Nov 17 to Dec 31 2014: Tue, Fri, Sat at 11:10
Feb 01 to Mar 08 2015: Tue, Fri, Sat at 11:10
Mar 09 to Mar 31 2015: Mon-Sat at 11:10
Grand Canal Boat Tour
Apr 01 to Oct 26 2014: Daily at 16:30 or 17:30*
Oct 28 to Nov 16 2014: Daily at 14:30
Nov 16 to Dec 31 2014: Tue, Fri, Sat at 14:30
Feb 01 to Mar 08 2015: Tue, Fri, Sat at 14:30
Mar 09 to Mar 31 2015: Daily at 16:30
- Services of a highly qualified English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Luxurious motor-launch
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- There is a few hours gap between the walking tour and the boat tour.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered at all times to enter St. Mark's Basilica. Large bags are not allowed. Storage areas are also not available.
- St. Mark's Basilica may be closed due to ceremonies being held inside the church.
- Boats are limited to a maximum of 9 passengers each.
- In the event that one part of the combo is cancelled, ONLY the part that did not operate is subject to reimbursement.
- *From 01 April 2014 until 26 October 2014, the time of your boat tour will be assigned by the tour assistant before starting the walking tour.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%
Click on the season date to view price
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 5 and below.
Mary E., United Kingdom
Well worth the money. Actually better than I thought it would be. The walk took us around Venice showing places we would have missed if we had tried to do it ourselves. Very interesting. The guide was brilliant and knew everything required for the walk. The boat trip was great and lasted for around one hour. The guide was excellent informing us as we sailed along the canals and answering questions. I would give this trip ten out of ten and one not to miss.
Michele ., Australia
This is a must do trip as it gives all the basics on how Venice was developed and all of the important buildings and landmarks.