This is a combination tour of the Original Venice Walk
and the Original Grand Canal Boat TourPlease check the schedule of the entire activity below before booking.
For the first part of the tour, enjoy a walking tour of Venice. Roam around St. Mark's Square and learn about the history behind the walls of its most famous landmarks. Learn about the Basilica and its Byzantine heritage, the Doge's Palace (exterior) and its adjoining prisons, that retain the true secrets to comprehend how a city built on swamps became one of the most enlightened cities in the western world.
Then, leave the square and crowds behind to discover the "real Venice." Enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways and alleys where an enchanting city of meandering canals punctuated by delicate bridges awaits you.
Explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic Palaces and at the "Scuola" di San Marco learn about the famous trade schools of Venice that provided the foundations of the great mercantile empire.
And by looking at the sights, learn how illustrious Venetians, the likes of Marco Polo and others, made this city of stone a vibrant and magical place. See contemporary Venice and find out how it is to live in the most unique city in the world (though not the most practical) before concluding the first part of the tour near the Rialto Bridge.
At mid-afternoon, meet with your guide again for the second part of your tour - the Grand Canal Boat Tour.
During the boat ride, you'll get to see the beautiful and imposing palaces and churches that line the banks of the Grand Canal. Learn about the history of the Grand Canal, how it has developed over the centuries into the most beautiful street in the world.
In this part of the tour, discover the more romantic and intimate minor canals to savor the true essence of Venice. SCHEDULEOriginal Venice WalkNov 17 to Dec 23 2014
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 10:00Dec 23 2014 to Jan 05 2015
: Daily at 10:00Jan 06 to 31 2015
: Tue and Sat at 10:00Feb 01 to 13 2015
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 10:00Feb 14 to 17 2015
: Daily at 10:00Feb 18 to Mar 31 2015
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 10:00Mar 09 to Mar 31 2015
: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 10:00Apr 01 to May 10 2015
: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00May 11 to Jul 18 2015
: Daily at 13:45 / Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00Jul 19 to Sep 06 2015
: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00Sep 07 to Oct 17 2015
: Daily at 13:45 / Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00Oct 18 to Oct 24 2015
: Mon-Sat at 11:10 / Sun at 14:00Oct 25 to Nov 14 2015
: Mon-Sat at 11:10May 09 to Oct 31 2016
: Mon-Sat at 11:10/ Sun at 14:00May 11 to July 18 2016
: Mon-Sat at 13:45 to 15:45Sep 07 to Oct 17 2016
: Mon-Sat at 13:45 to 15:45Grand Canal Boat TourNov 17 to Dec 23 2014
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 15:15Dec 23 2014 to 05 Jan
: Daily at 15:15Jan 06 to 31 2015
: Tue and Sat at 15:15Feb 01 to 13 2015
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 15:15Feb 14 to 17 2015
: Daily at 15:15Feb 18 to Mar 31 2015
: Tue, Fri and Sat at 10:00Mar 09 to Mar 31 2015
: Daily at 16:30Apr 01 to Oct 24 2015
: Daily at 16:30 or 17:30*Apr 01 to Oct 24 2016
: Daily at 16:30 or 17:30*Oct 24 to Oct 31 2016
: Mon-Sat at 14:30
- Services of a highly qualified English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- Luxurious motor-launch
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Infants will be charged adult rates. If you have an infant 5 years old and below joining the tour, please indicate upon booking so that we may provide a child booster seat.
- *From 01 April 2015 until 24 October 2015, the time of your boat tour will be assigned by the tour assistant before starting the walking tour.
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- There is a few hours gap between the walking tour and the boat tour.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered at all times to enter St. Mark's Basilica. Large bags are not allowed. Storage areas are also not available.
- St. Mark's Basilica may be closed due to ceremonies being held inside the church.
- Boats are limited to a maximum of 9 passengers each.
- In the event that one part of the combo is cancelled, ONLY the part that did not operate is subject to reimbursement.Cancellation policy
- Cancellation more than 7 calendar days before the services begin : You will not be charged any cancellation fee (full refund).
- Cancellation between 7 and 4 calendar days before the services begin: You will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 3 calendar days before the services begin : You will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
- Cancellation the day of the services or after : You will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund).
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.