Tour features 3 villas by Italian Renaissance Architect Andrea Palladio; Villa Emo, Villa Barbaro and Villa Foscari (also known as La Malcontenta).
- 3 villas by Italian Renaissance Architect Andrea Palladio; Villa Emo, Villa Barbaro and Villa Foscari (also known as La Malcontenta).
PALLADIO VILLA DAY TOUR FROM VENICE
The Villa Emo by Andrea Palladio, unencumbered by lavish decoration, surrounded by elegant gardens, its simple form makes it one of Palladio's purest creations as a Villa architect. Enjoy the Zellotti's frescoes, one of Palladio's favourite frescoes artists, as we tour the villa. And learn why many people regard this as the most beautiful of the Palladian Villas.
The Villa Malcontenta by Andrea Palladio, along with its famous legend, is one of Palladio's most famous villas. Built for the wealthy Foscari family, it sits in splendid isolation beside the waters of the Riviera Brenta Canal. As we tour the interior we'll discuss how Palladio's architecture evolved. The design of this Villa reflects the transition of Palladian architecture from his early years of imitating other architects to a period when he began to realize his own unique designs.
Villa Barbaro by Andrea Palladio, the most richly decorated of all Palladian villas, is villa barbaro palladio villa tour venicefamous for its delightful Veronese frescoes. As we tour the interior, we'll discuss the beautiful frescoes of the Villa and the famous conflict between Palladio, the patron Marcantonio Barbaro and Veronese as they wrestled over the design and ideology of the building.
Providing the perfect interlude between villas, we'll visit the enchanting village of Asolo and take a leisurely lunch at a local Osteria where we'll enjoy delicious regional cuisine and some of the local wines. Asolo, "The pearl of Veneto", is arguably one of the most beautiful hill-towns in Italy.
- All Applicable Entrance Fees for Tuesday & Saturday departures between March & October. At other times additonal private visiting fees may apply as the villas are not open to the public every day of the week
- Fully Licensed Local Expert Palladian Guide
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal Expenses
- Minimum of 4 people and a Maximum of 8 to operate this tour
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.