This tour is a combination of The Doges Palace and the Walking Tour of Venice.
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. We will explore Piazza San Marco and discover its origins, as well as the history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. We will hear anecdotes about the history of Santa Maria Formosa and many stories about this wonderful and characteristic square. We will visit Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, the "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of Fortune and Marco Polo's house. We will pass by the Malibran Theatre as the past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice. At the end of the tour, we will return to San Marco through the Mercerie, a vital connection between Rialto and San Marco, and head to the main street for some shopping.
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In these splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year old republic. You'll live it together with a guide who will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You'll be surprised with the rich details of the gold staircase and the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building. You will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed!
- Guided tour
- Entrance fee to the Palazzo Ducale
- Audio receiver device* at the Palazzo Ducale
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (the visit can be bilingual)
- English: daily
- German: Monday and Friday
- French: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
- * For groups of 10 or more people
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Children 6 years old and below are free of charge.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside Doge's Palace.
- Tours may be taken on different days. If you are taking the tours on separate days, you MUST indicate which tour will be taken on which date in the Special Comments field in the booking form.
- The tour does not operate during religious holidays and in cases of exceptional high tide and bad weather.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Excellent tour - good value for money and spectacular venue. The Tourist Information Office in St. Mark's Square is very difficult to find - a more obvious meeting place (or better directions) would be a lot easier."
Andrew H., United Kingdom