This tour is a combination of The Golden Basilica and The Doges Palace.
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In these splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year old republic. You'll live it together with a guide who will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You'll be surprised with the rich details of the gold staircase and the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building. You will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed!
On the Golden Basilica tour, escorted by a tour guide accredited by the Curia of Venice, you will enjoy a full visit of the Golden Cathedral. This masterpiece of Byzantine art, a monument like no other in Italy, is filled with beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlaid floors. You can sit comfortably while our guide shows you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica. Admire The Pala d'oro, an exquisite example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones. Enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries. The privileged entry and the special collaboration with the Curia of Venice allows us to avoid the queues!
After your tour of the Basilica, you can go on an optional trip by private boat to Murano Island and visit a glass factory to see and discover one of the greatest Venetian arts. The return to San Marco is included.
- Guided tour
- Entrance fee to the Palazzo Ducale
- Privileged entry to the Golden Basilica
- Audio receiver device at the Palazzo Ducale* and Golden Basilica
- Optional trip to Murano Island by boat
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (the visit can be bilingual)
- English: Monday to Saturday
- German: Monday and Friday
- French: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday
- * For groups of 10 or more people
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Children 6 years old and below are free of charge.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside Doge's Palace and the Golden Basilica.
- No shorts or tank tops will be allowed in the Golden Basilica. Those not dressed appropriately may be denied entrance.
- Access to the Basilica may not be possible due to church services or exceptional high tides. In these cases, the tour can be held the next day or reimbursed.
- The optional trip to Murano Island will take another hour.
- Tours may be taken on different days. If you are taking the tours on separate days, you MUST indicate which tour will be taken on which date in the Special Comments field in the booking form.
- The tour does not operate during religious holidays and in cases of exceptional high tide and bad weather.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.