This tour is a combination of the Walking Tour of Venice and The Golden Basilica.
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. We will explore Piazza San Marco and discover its origins, as well as the history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie. We will hear anecdotes about the history of Santa Maria Formosa and many stories about this wonderful and characteristic square. We will visit Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, the "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of Fortune and Marco Polo's house. We will pass by the Malibran Theatre as the past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice. At the end of the tour, we will return to San Marco through the Mercerie, a vital connection between Rialto and San Marco, and head to the main street for some shopping.
On the Golden Basilica tour, escorted by a tour guide accredited by the Curia of Venice, you will enjoy a full visit of the Golden Cathedral. This masterpiece of Byzantine art, a monument like no other in Italy, is filled with beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlaid floors. You can sit comfortably while our guide shows you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica. Admire The Pala d'oro, an exquisite example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones. Enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries. The privileged entry and the special collaboration with the Curia of Venice allows us to avoid the queues!
After your tour of the Basilica at 14:00, you can go on an optional trip by private boat to Murano Island and visit a glass factory to see and discover one of the greatest Venetian arts. The return to San Marco is included.
- 09:10 Walking Tour of Venice
- 12:00 Golden Basilica Tour
- 14:00 (Optional) Murano Island trip
- English, German, Spanish, French, Italian - the visit can be bilingual.
- English: Monday to Saturday
- German: Monday and Friday
- French: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday
- Guided tour
- Privileged entry to the Golden Basilica
- Audio receiver device at the Golden Basilica
- Optional trip to Murano Island
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- * For groups of 10 or more people
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Children 6 years old and below are free of charge.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Golden Basilica.
- No shorts or tank tops will be allowed in the Golden Basilica. Those not dressed appropriately may be denied entrance.
- Access to the Basilica may not be possible due to church services or exceptional high tides. In these cases, the tour can be held the next day or reimbursed.
- The optional trip to Murano Island will take another two hours.
- Tours may be taken on different days. If you are taking the tours on separate days, you MUST indicate which tour will be taken on which date in the Special Comments field in the booking form.
- The tour does not operate during religious holidays and in cases of exceptional high tide and bad weather.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.