Secret Venice by Night Walking Tour with Gondola Ride
If you came to Venice with visions in mind of winding streets and tumbling houses where laundry swings out over canals, then Secret Venice is the tour for you. Step away from the crowds and get off the beaten track with this original tour that explores Venice's less seen, more romantic side on the other side of the Grand Canal.
Our Secret Venice tour starts at spectacular Rialto Bridge whose marble reflects in the canal below. On our walk through hidden Venice, we'll see lovers strolling and kids playing in many of the beautiful squares in the area - the Campo San Polo, the Campo San Margherita and the Campo San Barnaba. We'll pass the Basilica dei Frari (outside visit) and stop in front of the Scuola Grande di San Rocco. As you stroll your guide will fill you in on the stories, myths and legends that make Venice so endlessly fascinating, showing you a local's perspective of this often 'touristy' city. At the Medieval Casino for example, there was once a wooden slot in the floor of the first story which patrons could peer through to see who was at the door - giving them enough time to look decent or escape before their better halves located them.
The city is beautiful in the evening light and full of life. We'll pass Peggy Guggenheim's museum and you'll hear about the famous patron who lost her father to the Titanic but gained the means to build one of the world's most notable art collections.
Our tour ends on the sweetest note with a gondola ride as the sun is setting. Relax as a gondolier, in his ubiquitous striped shirt, punts along the canal. Keep your eyes peeled for the many palaces that line the waterways of Venice or just for women reeling in their washing lines. With only six people per gondola your ride will be peaceful and intimate - or for an additional fee opt instead for the private gondola ride, a romantic and unforgettable experience for you and your loved one.
As the sun dips below the horizon our boats dock and the group disperses with heads full of narrow canals and masterpieces hidden in neighborhood churches. That's one more ticked off the bucket list.
- Rialto bridge
- Fish Market (after hours)
- Ponte delle Tette
- Campo San Polo
- Basilica dei Frari (outside visit)
- Scuola di San Rocco (outside visit)
- Campo San Margherita
- Campo San Barnabo
- Casino dei Nobili - Medieval Casino (outside visit)
- Bridge of Fists
- Peggy Guggenheim Museum (outside visit)
- Gondola ride
- 40 minute Gondola ride*
- Headsets where necessary
- Expert English-speaking guide for the walking portion of the tour
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- * Shared Gondolas contain a mixed group of up to 6 people while a private Gondola is just for your booking. There is no commentary on the gondola ride.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended. We cannot accommodate wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure points. We recommend that customers who are not familiar with Venice give themselves ample time to find meeting points.
- Please note that the Gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or adverse weather conditions.
- This tour operates with a maximum of 25 guests.
- Booking modifications made within 72 hours of tour date will be charged an amendment fee.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.