Join us for the perfect introduction to Austria's fascinating capital city, on this fun and informative walk through Old Vienna. There are so many unique attractions, world-famous museums and historic monuments to see in Vienna - get started with us!
Your expert guide will tell you lots of interesting facts and anecdotes about the food, people, culture and architecture along the way. Besides the many places you'll discover, your guide will give great advice on places to visit afterward, including the locations of bars, restaurants, and some of the city's legendary cafés.
During your tour, you'll get a true feel for the glory and sheer size of Imperial Vienna - once the centre of the powerful Habsburg Empire. You'll see St. Rupert's, the oldest church in Vienna...stroll through the narrow lanes of the old Jewish quarter...discover Hofburg Imperial Palace, the impressive center of power of the Habsburg family...and Heroes' Square where Hitler made his infamous "Anschluss" speech to the Austrians in 1938. You'll visit the hidden Minoriten Church with its remarkable mosaic copy of Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper," and of course St. Stephen's Cathedral, the unchallenged gothic masterpiece in the very heart of the city.
This tour has something for everyone. Whether it's history, architecture, art, or music, it's all here. Come walk with us!
- Stephansdom (St Stephan's Cathedral) As a symbol of the Viennese identity, St. Stephan's Cathedral sits in the center of Vienna serving as a beacon of historical and cultural importance. In 1945, more than 45 percent of this Gothic style cathedral was destroyed after a fire spread to its roof. After rebuilding and restoration, this iconic site serves as a testament to the Viennese
- Hitler in Vienna - originally from upper Austria, Hitler came to Vienna with hopes of being accepted into the art academy. After being denied twice and then living on the street he left Vienna only to return years later as Führer of the Third Reich during the Anchluß of Austria to Germany. Vienna's Heldenplatz (Heroes Square) will go down in history as the scene of Hitler's speech to hundreds of thousands of cheering Austrians after the 1938 Anchluß or annexation, which confirmed Austria as part of the Third Reich.
- Hofburg Palace Another reminder of the Habsburg dynasty, the Hofburg palace sits next to the Ringstrasse in the first district. It is now home to a plethora of museums.
- 2.5 hour guided tour of historic Vienna
- Accompaniment by an expert guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 13 years old are free of charge.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions.
- This is a walking tour. We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Guests are required to arrive at the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Our guide (Andrea?) was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My wife and I really enjoyed the tour. In addition, she speaks excellent (American) English which makes it easy for us to follow. She gave us good tips along the way for good place to eat and to shop, as well as worthy places that we could further explore on our own schedule after the tour."
Andrew W., USA