Black Labyrinth Tour
Type: Day Tours in Waitomo
Departs From: Waitomo
Meeting Point: Will be indicated on voucher
Duration: 3 hours
Available: daily at 09:00; 10:30; 12:00; 13:30; 15:00
Product Code: 2208
Black Labyrinth is Waitomo's original and amazing underground cave tubing experience that is known and talked about all around the world.
In over three hours, you'll work your way through tight squeezes, take leaps of faith over cascading underground waterfalls and float serenely down river as you enjoy the glowworm show on the vaulted limestone galleries up above.
Your journey concludes when you emerge into the sunlight of the Waitomo forest.
Just bring yourself, your swimwear, a towel and a thirst for adventure. At the end of the expedition, enjoy a hot shower and complimentary hot soup and a bagel.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Caving and walking
- Cave tubing (black water rafting)
- Glow worms
- A small waterfall jump
- All necessary equipment (footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices and safety equipment)
- Hot soup and a bagel after tour
- Admission to the Waitomo Museum of Caves
- Meals and drinks (unless Buffet Lunch option is chosen)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Beginner level. Black Labyrinth cave tubing tour requires a moderate level of fitness.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old and should weigh over 45 kilograms.
- Bring swimwear and towel.
- Water temperature is 10-14 C.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can only accommodate a maximum of 12 people.
- Additional tours will be available in the summer months.
- Buffet Lunch is available at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves Visitor Centre.
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $108.97
Departs daily at 09:00; 10:30; 12:00; 13:30; 15:00
- Prices are per person