The open top deck of a double-decker bus is definitely the best way to see Washington D.C. Sit back and relax as you are transported past the iconic landmarks, including The White House and the Washington Monument, that make America's capital so recognizable and special.
Along the way, you will learn about the city's history by listening to entertaining and informative commentary. Your hop on hop off ticket also provides you the freedom to get off the bus to explore and visit attractions.
Buses run regularly so rejoining the tour is easy.
There are four routes to choose from, all of which you can experience within the validity of your ticket. Our Red Loop tour is the official tour of the National Mall. You will have the flexibility to plan you own schedule and to visit the places you find most interesting. Be sure to bring your camera for the many excellent photo-opportunities.Day Tour HighlightsRed Loop
is the official tour of the National Mall visiting the city's iconic landmarks. (Duration: 2 hours)Blue Loop
crosses the Potomac to visit the Arlington Cemetery and Pentagon. It also passes by the Pentagon 911 Memorial. (Duration: 1 hour)Yellow Loop
visits historic Georgetown and a variety of museums. (Duration: 2 hours)Green Loop
lets you take the traditional Trolley to the National Cathedral. (Duration: 30 minutes)
Daily from 09:00 to 17:00 every 20-30 minutesView Route MapPotomac River Cruise
(48-hour tickets only)
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Jefferson Memorial and the Washington Monument as you float serenely by. The river cruise complements the Open Top Bus tour by providing a different perspective on the city. This free cruise is available daily from 15 April to 15 October only, and can be picked up at Stop 38 on the Yellow Route. (Duration: 45 minutes)War Memorials Walking Tour
(Duration: 1 hour)
Highlights: WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, and Nurses Memorial.
Starts at the WW11 Memorial Information Center, (next to the blue stop 56). Guest can get off at Blue stop 56, Red 16, Yellow 42. Ends: Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam Memorial stop Red 16, Yellow 42 Blue 56. Tours depart daily at 10:30, 12:30, and 14:30. Secrets and Scandals Walking Tour
(Duration: 1 hour)
Highlights: National Theatre, Willard Hotel, White House, Treasury Department, Hays-Adams Hotel, Mayflower Hotel.
Starts at the National Theater, next to Willard. Guests can get off at Red stop 21, Yellow 29, or Blue 55, ends at Stop Yellow 32 at the Mayflower Hotel. Tours depart daily at 11:45, 13:45, and 15:45.
- 24-hour or 48-hour hop on hop off ticket
- Two FREE walking tours
- Admission to Madame Tussaud's
- Admission to Crime and Punishment Museum (48-hour tickets only)
- Cruise along the Potomac (48-hour tickets only)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- It is necessary to print the confirmation voucher for this tour. Soft copies shown from a mobile device will not be accepted.
- Children below 5 years old are free of charge provided they don't occupy a seat and are accompanied by a dedicated adult (1 adult 1 child).
- *Please be advised that the tour will no longer be stopping at or driving to L'Enfant Plaza (Stop 7 on the Red Line) as the hotel is closed for renovations and the stop is no longer accessible.
- *Tickets purchased with the promo are valid until February 29, 2016 only.
- Ticket is valid 6 months after purchase date.
- Tickets must be kept in a safe place; if a ticket is lost a replacement cannot be reissued.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.