Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, is the home of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Castle's dramatic site encapsulates 900 years of British history and its magnificent State Rooms and works of art reflect the tastes of successive kings and queens. In 1992 a devastating fire destroyed or damaged more than 100 rooms at the Castle. The highly acclaimed restoration work, completed in 1997, is a testament to the skills of some of the finest craftsmen in Europe.
HM The Queen and her family spend most of their private weekends at Windsor Castle. The Queen is also officially in residence throughout April and June, when the annual Garter Service is held in St George's Chapel.
The State Apartments, the heart of the working palace, are regularly used for ceremonial and official occasions. They are furnished with some of the finest works of art from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt, Rubens and Van Dyck. During the winter months the Semi-State Rooms, among the most richly decorated interiors in the Castle are added to the visitor route.
Queen Mary's Dolls' House is the most famous dolls' house in the world. It took three years to complete and involved the work of 1,500 tradesmen, artists and authors. The house is unusually well equipped for its day with modern comforts and labor saving devices. It has electric lighting, an electric vacuum cleaner, hot and cold running water, and even flushing lavatories.
St. George's Chapel is one of the finest examples of gothic architecture in England. It has been the setting for many royal weddings and is the burial place of ten sovereigns. The Chapel is dedicated to the patron saint of the Order of the Garter. Britain's highest Order of Chivalry.
The Changing of the Guard takes place at 11:00am, weather permitting, from Monday to Saturday between April and the end of June, and on alternate days for the rest of the year, with the exception of Sundays.
March to October
Daily from 09:45 - 17:15
Last admission 16:00
November to February
Daily from 09:45 - 16:15
Last admission 15:00
- Attraction ticket
- Transportation to/from attraction
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Due to adverse weather conditions currently affecting the U.K, please note that tours may be affected as some of the major roads and sites may be closed. Alternative sites will be visited wherever possible. In the case of Windsor Castle, the Hampton Court Palace will be the alternative option.
- The Castle is open to visitors everyday, including when the Queen is in residence.
- As the Castle is a working royal palace opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- Due to the heightened security alert, you will not be allowed to take any form of liquid into Windsor Castle.
- From 25 November to 30 November, the State Apartments will be closed.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.