Type: Tours around London
Departs From: Windsor
Meeting Point: Windsor Castle
Duration: 4 hours
Available: daily at any time during operating hours
Product Code: 6138
Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, is the home of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Castle's dramatic site encapsulates 900 years of British history and its magnificent State Rooms and works of art reflect the tastes of successive kings and queens. In 1992 a devastating fire destroyed or damaged more than 100 rooms at the Castle. The highly acclaimed restoration work, completed in 1997, is a testament to the skills of some of the finest craftsmen in Europe.
HM The Queen and her family spend most of their private weekends at Windsor Castle. The Queen is also officially in residence throughout April and June, when the annual Garter Service is held in St George's Chapel.
The State Apartments, the heart of the working palace, are regularly used for ceremonial and official occasions. They are furnished with some of the finest works of art from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt, Rubens and Van Dyck. During the winter months the Semi-State Rooms, among the most richly decorated interiors in the Castle are added to the visitor route.
Queen Mary's Dolls' House is the most famous dolls' house in the world. It took three years to complete and involved the work of 1,500 tradesmen, artists and authors. The house is unusually well equipped for its day with modern comforts and labor saving devices. It has electric lighting, an electric vacuum cleaner, hot and cold running water, and even flushing lavatories.
St. George's Chapel is one of the finest examples of gothic architecture in England. It has been the setting for many royal weddings and is the burial place of ten sovereigns. The Chapel is dedicated to the patron saint of the Order of the Garter. Britain's highest Order of Chivalry.
The Changing of the Guard takes place at 11:00am, weather permitting, from Monday to Saturday between April and the end of June, and on alternate days for the rest of the year, with the exception of Sundays.
March to October
Daily from 09:45 - 17:15
Last admission 16:00
25 and 26 September 2014 - 09:45 to 16:00; last admission 15:00
November to February
Daily from 09:45 - 16:15
Last admission 15:00
- Attraction ticket
- Transportation to/from attraction
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Due to adverse weather conditions currently affecting the U.K, please note that tours may be affected as some of the major roads and sites may be closed. Alternative sites will be visited wherever possible. In the case of Windsor Castle, the Hampton Court Palace will be the alternative option.
- The Castle is open to visitors everyday, including when the Queen is in residence.
- As the Castle is a working royal palace opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- Due to the heightened security alert, you will not be allowed to take any form of liquid into Windsor Castle.
- The Semi-State Rooms are closed on November 7 and 8, 2013.
- All sales are final and non-refundable.
Price per adult $31.54
Price per child $18.75
Departs daily at any time during operating hours
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 16 and below.