Terracotta Warriors and Xi'an Markets - Small Group Tour
Discover the fascinating history and delicious, local flavours of charming Xi'an on this tour that reveals commercial hot spots, culinary secrets and legends of history.
In the morning, join a friendly local guide and travel to one of Xi'an's busy morning produce markets. Spend some time here seeing what locals stock up on each day and learning about some of the key ingredients used in Chinese cooking.
While here, why not take the chance to shop for some tasty local snacks to eat later in the day? Otherwise, perhaps start the day with a traditional Xi'an breakfast? Try fresh soy milk, pancakes or steamed buns, which are all available at the market.
Next, travel to the site of the famous Terracotta Warriors - one of the greatest archeological finds of the past century and the pride of Xi'an. Marvel at the burial pits filled with life-sized chariots, horses and warriors, all buried to ensure the emperor has safe passage to the afterlife.
Take time to explore, take photos and learn about the historical significance of this remarkable site before hopping into a private vehicle to head to the nearby town of Lintong. While in Lintong, feast on a flavoursome lunch of local specialties. Choose from regional dishes such as roujiamo or soup noodles then finish the tour back in central Xi'an where the afternoon is free to further explore the city independently.
- English-speaking guide
- Transport and entrance fees (as indicated)
- Market visit
- Entry to Army of Terracotta Warriors Museum
- Entry to other museums at the Terracotta Warriors Complex
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour takes between 7 to 8 hours.
- Please be in comfortable walking shoes.
- During national holidays and on weekends, sights in Xi'an can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times, we recommend visiting Xi'an outside of these periods or taking your tour on a weekday.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.